This listing is about ABB in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
Working in ABB Consulting in UK, your tasks will include proposing engineering solutions to meet customers’ needs and utilizing feedback to identify improvement opportunities.
As a Safety Consultant you will utilise your primary knowledge of applying alarm management tools and techniques, and able to demonstrate a competent level of technical knowledge and delivery. You will also have the ability to further grow your knowledge and capabilities into the area of Functional Safety Lifecycle Management.
You will be able to use and articulate the value of alarm management and subsequently over time for functional safety management software tools for the benefit our of customers.
You will have the ability and vision to support the continued development and growth of both Alarm Management and Functional Safety offerings within the Safety Lifecycle Services portfolio.
Reporting to the Global FSM Technical Authority Manager, you will execute a range of technical assignments to develop solutions and resolve issues according to timelines and standards, using established solutions.
- Supporting sales activities to win consulting assignments, and assisting in negotiations with a particular focus on alarm management and alarm rationalisation, with longer term growth delivery for Functional Safety Lifecyle. services including safety requirements specification, SIL Verification and operation and maintenance of SIS.
- Methodical & good grasp of appropriate SIL and Alarm Management software tools.
- Applying standard processes and tools to all engineering activities, ensuring compliance with regulations and contracts, and reporting inefficiencies and areas for improvement.
- Building strong relationships to facilitate the exchange of technical knowledge and best practices.
- Maintaining and enhancing customer satisfaction by providing excellent service.
- Ability to work both as a lone individual and as part of a team.
- 10 years of experience in automation working as an automation control/functional safety engineer with BPCS and SIS technologies.
- Sound knowledge of alarm management techniques, processes and tools, and general awareness regarding functional safety lifecycle requirements for specifying, designing and maintaining SIS.
- A strong focus on safe work practices and dedication to following all relevant workplace safety guidelines.
- A high level of self-motivation, curiosity and desire to learn about new technologies.
- A collaborative, solution-focused approach, and strong written and spoken communication skills.
- A bachelor’s degree in electrical or control & instrumentation engineering or similar field.
- Experience of working in the Oil and Gas, Petrochemical or Chemical Industries preferably in an operation or maintenance role, or have experience as a Consultant in these industries.
- Experience in Alarm Management and ideally in SIS Functional Safety requirements in both the projects and operation & maintenance lifecycle phases.
- Strong control / Instrumentation engineering background.
- A good understanding and implementation requirements of the relevant international standard and guidelines – e.g. IEC 615108, IEC 61511, IEC 62682, ISA 18.2 and EEMUA 191.
- Demonstrable knowledge of process plant operations & issues faced by control room operators.
- Adaptable regarding assignment activities which can involve significant levels of travel, both in the UK and overseas as dependent on business need.
More about us
ABB Consulting Services:
We provide consultancy services to global operating customers, delivering safe, cost-effective, and efficient technical & digital solutions for your operations. We partner with our customers in a collaborative environment, designed to enable informed decisions when and where it matters most.
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org