LHSS Namibia – Medical Consultant to Map Essential Health Services Package in Abt Associates Windhoek, Khomas, Namibia
Website Abt Associates
This job listing is about Abt Associates in Windhoek, Khomas, Namibia 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
- Scope of work
Overview of LHSS:
The Local Health Systems Sustainability (LHSS) project is USAID’s flagship initiative in strengthening integrated health systems, with the goal of helping low- and middle-income countries move to sustainable, self-funded health systems to support universal health coverage. Led by Abt Associates, this five-year, $209 million project works with partner countries and local stakeholders to reduce financial barriers to care and treatment, ensure equitable access to essential health services for all, and improve the quality of health services.
LHSS is currently supporting the Ministry of Health and Social Services to develop an essential health services package (EHSP), which aims to guide the services that are to be provided at the various health facility levels in Namibia. In collaboration with key stakeholders, we have defined the criteria that are to be used to prioritize the services for inclusion in the package. We have also compiled a detailed list of health services that are currently provided in public health facilities, and the assumption is that most of these services would also be included in the EHSP.
The consultant will review services that could potentially be added to the existing services, based on their level of priority. For this purpose, we have obtained the compendium of services from WHO, which is meant to include all possible services that could be included in a package of services. The services in the existing package and those in the WHO list are not directly aligned, and we seek a consultant with medical/clinical knowledge to be able to eliminate services from the WHO list that are already in the list of existing Namibian services in order to identify the services that would need to be assessed/prioritized as additional services.
LHSS Namibia seeks a qualified consultant with medical expertise to map a list of Namibian health services against the WHO compendium of services.
The consultant will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Map the list of Namibian health services currently provided in the public health sector against the WHO compendium of services and identify services from the WHO list that are already in the existing Namibian services, and the remaining services from the WHO list that aren’t in the Namibian list.
- Keep detailed notes during the mapping process, as it’s not a one-to-one match.
- File of mapped services with a list of remaining services from WHO that aren’t in the Namibian list
- Detailed notes from the mapping process, keeping track of what’s included and not included in the mapping
- Period of Performance, expected Level of Effort (LOE), reporting
Assumptions: This contract is dependent on the ability of government and development partner stakeholders to engage with the Activity, given any COVID-19-related restrictions and the ability of USAID to obtain concurrence from the MoHSS to work with the Activity.
Reporting: The consultant will report to Claire Jones, Chief of Party for LHSS Namibia, and is expected to lead this work described above and be responsible for final deliverables.
Period of Performance: The consultant’s period of performance begins on December 1, 2022 and ends on January 6, 2023, for a total LOE up to 15 days.
The consultant is expected to have the following qualifications and experience:
- An advanced degree in medicine, nursing, or another clinical degree, or public health with a focus on service delivery required.
- Minimum 5 years’ prior experience working as a health care provider or in healthcare management required
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Namibian health sector required.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proven track record of working effectively with government counterparts at various levels, ideally in Southern Africa. Experience in Namibia is preferred.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with USAID, ministry officials, and other development partners and a proven track record of interacting with other projects, high-level host country governments and international agencies.
Company: Abt Associates
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Windhoek, Khomas, Namibia
Application Deadline: N/A