Public Financial Management (PFM) Lead, MCC Lesotho in Abt Associates Maseru, Maseru District, Lesotho
Website Abt Associates
This job listing is about Abt Associates in Maseru, Maseru District, Lesotho 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
The World at Abt
Solving the world’s most pressing issues and improving the quality of life for people worldwide is what we do every day at Abt Associates. Creating a more equitable world is no small task, but we are driven by big challenges.
We are a team of 4,000+ people in over 50 countries working in unison and focused on the bigger picture. Only by sharing our commitment and energy do we affect change and push the boundaries of what’s possible. We welcome diverse ideas, backgrounds, and viewpoints – joining Abt means access to exceptional thinkers at the top of their game.
To thrive at Abt is to embrace flexibility and collaboration. Our open culture allows you to balance your work and personal life as needed to optimize personal well-being. Creating a more equitable world starts from within – we look after people around the world, and we’ll do the same for you.
Ready to embrace rewarding and meaningful work? Now’s your chance.
The Health System Strengthening, Primary Health Care and counter Gender Based Violence Support (HSS/PHC/cGBV) Project is an upcoming five-year Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC)-funded opportunity in Lesotho. The Project will provide technical assistance to the Lesotho Ministry of Health to improve health outcomes by improving the quality and availability of essential primary health services; capacity of District Health Management Teams (DHMTs) to plan, manage and budget health services; and use of data for decision making at DHMT level.
Abt Associates is seeking a Public Financial Management Lead for the upcoming HSS/PHC/cGBV opportunity. The PFM Lead will work closely with the Project Director and the Project team to define a clear vision and technical direction for the PFM-related activities of the project, manage PFM activities to achieve that vision in close collaboration with government of Lesotho and partners, including other MCC contractors in this Compact.
Key Roles And Responsibilities
- Provide PFM-related technical direction and leadership to successfully implement planned activities and produce results.
- Mentor and provide oversight of the project’s technical experts who will lead project implementation.
- Coordinate with other Primary Health Care Lead of the Project to ensure integration of PFM into Project activities
- Coordinate with and leverage relevant projects from MCC and other development partners and Government of Lesotho stakeholders for better results and optimized cost efficiency.
- Ensure that PFM-related activities are on-budget, on-time and meet the government of Lesotho expectations.
- Master’s degree or higher in Health Finance, Health Economics, Business Administration or other relevant field.
- At least 10 years’ prior experience working on public financial management reforms or initiatives in low or low-middle income settings, especially in Lesotho
- At least 6 years’ providing technical assistance to government ministries
- At least 5 years’ experience working for a donor or on a donor-funded project
- Experience developing and communicating a vision for a program of work, aligning key stakeholders around the vision, and ensuring the vision is translated into efficiently implemented program activities.
- Must have strong verbal and written English language skills.
- Experience working with Millennium Challenge Corporation is desirable.
Bachelor’s Degree + Twelve years of relevant experience, or Master’s Degree + Ten years of relevant experience, or PhD+ Eight years of relevant experience
Local nationals are highly encouraged to apply.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter by 23 rd December 2022.
What We Offer
We foster an environment where you can Thrive Your Way. Our innovative total rewards programs are designed to help balance your work and personal life. The approach toward your wellbeing centers around comprehensive benefits, flexible schedules, and professional development.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment.
The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance—as well as in international evaluation. Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
At Abt Associates, we are committed to creating a lasting culture of equity, diversity and inclusion and recognize that in order to achieve full participation, our practices must be free of prejudice, discrimination, and bias that result in inequitable outcomes. We are actively working to advance equity for everyone, and while we still have much work to do, we know that racial and cultural diversity are an asset to our business and the communities where we live and serve. Our ongoing commitment is focused on creating business practices that advance racial and social equity, investments in community impact programs for the benefit of Black, Indigenous, and people of color (BIPOC), and expand upon project work related to racial equity and social justice.
Company: Abt Associates
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Maseru, Maseru District, Lesotho
Application Deadline: N/A