Accountant in Valenta Port of Spain, Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago
This job listing is about Valenta in Port of Spain, Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
• Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures .
• Strong understanding of accounting concepts such as bookkeeping, receivables and payables
reconciliation, bank reconciliation, account audits and reconciliations, taxation, etc.
• Working knowledge on Quickbooks/Sage/Xero/Blackbaud (NXT) and MS-Excel.
• Experience with General Ledger functions.
• Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills.
• A Bachelors or Master’s in Commerce/ Accounting or Chartered Accountancy Intermediate
or any finance related degree (ACCA Level I or II)
• Additional certification CPA or CMA is a plus.
• Perform monthly, quarterly and annual accounting activities including reconciliations of bank
and credit card accounts, coordination and completion of annual audits, and reviewing
financial reports/support as necessary.
• Analyze and report on financial status including income statement variances, communicating
financial results to clients, budget preparation and analysis.
• Operate, support and review the day-to-day accounting operations, month-end activities and
processes for designated clients.
• Collaborate with the supervisor and designated clients on their respective daily functions.
• Interact with the client via email and/or phone (if required).
• Perform day-to-day duties that include reviewing the accounting and financial reporting for
the assigned clients.
• Effectively communicate all escalations to the supervisor.
• Resolve queries in a timely manner working around the established TATs (turnaround times).
• Strictly adhere to the SLAs (Service Level Agreements).
• Train new resources as and when required.
• Understanding processes and documenting them as detailed SOPs (Standard Operating
Procedures) as and when required
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Port of Spain, Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago
Application Deadline: N/A