ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER III Finance Assistant in State of Maryland Silver Spring, MD
Website State of Maryland
This job listing is about State of Maryland in Silver Spring, MD 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
Join a dynamic team of State employees that supports the Maryland National Guard, their mission and the other State employees of the Maryland Military Department. T his position works on a compressed work schedule from 6:30 am to 5 pm, Tuesday thru Friday and is eligible for a Hybrid Telework schedule. The Maryland Military Department offers free gated parking at this location.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Fifth Regiment Armory
29th Division St.
Baltimore, MD 21202
This position assists the Accounting Manager with the general accounting functions for the following programs: Administrative Headquarters; Maryland Army National Guard; Maryland Air National Guard; Education Office; and State Operations. Responsibilities for this position include all aspects of accounts payable and cash receipts processing, transaction verification and reconciliation, and the preparation of various financial analyses and reports for program managers and to support federal cost reimbursement. This position requires access to our federal partners computer system and therefore must be able to obtain a Common Access Card (CAC) as a condition of employment and will be subject to a federal background check as well as the state background check.
This position will assist in the Account Manager in our Finance Department, utilizing the State’s Advanced Purchasing and Inventory Control System (ADPICS) system, and in compliance with the State and Federal regulations, policies and procedures, processes payments of valid vendor invoices for goods and services procured by the Agency.
Duties Will Include But Are Not Limited To
- Verify invoices against appropriate supporting documentation.
- Is responsible for proper Program Cost Account (PCA) and sub object coding of those invoices.
- Data entry of invoices and assemble transmittal packages to the General Accounting Division.
- Process disbursements through RSTARS inter-agency transfer to other State agencies for goods and services provided to our agency.
- Maintains vendor payment and transmittal files
- Process cash receipts in compliance with GAD, STO and the Department policies and procedures.
- Develops and maintains automated spreadsheets to track expenditures and revenues.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Three years of administrative staff or professional work.
- Candidates may substitute 30 college credit hours from an accredited college or university for each year up to two years of the required experience.
- Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor’s degree from a college or university for the required experience.
- Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work that included the regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting complex administrative plans, policies, rules or regulations or analysis of operational programs or procedures with recommendations for improvement on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
At least 3 years’ experience reviewing, verifying recording adjustments and balancing financial transactions.
At least 1 year experience using FMIS/ADPICS.
At least 1 year experience using Workday to run reports for financial review.
Proficiency using and creating spreadsheets for financial information.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
This position will require the ability to pass a federal background check in addition to a state background check in order to access Federal systems, and to be issued a CAC (access card). Employee further understands that if access cannot be acquired and maintained, they will be terminated. Employee must maintain Maryland Motor Vehicle operator’s license class C.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
This position is not subject to Bargaining MOU’s
As an employee of the State of Maryland, you will have access to outstanding benefits package which includes health insurance, dental, and vision plans offered at a low cost. Click on this link for more details:
Leave Benefits Include
STATE OF MARYLAND BENEFITS
- Personal Leave – new State employees are awarded six (6) personnel days annually (prorated based on start date).
- Annual Leave – ten (10) days of accumulated annual leave per year.
- Sick Leave – fifteen (15) days of accumulated sick leave per year.
- Parental Leave – up to sixty (60) days of paid parental leave upon the birth or adoption of a child.
- Holidays – State employees also celebrate at least twelve (12) holidays per year.
Pension – State employees earn credit towards a retirement pension.
Military Veterans may qualify for additional bonus points towards certification.
A copy of your proof of eligibility (DD214) for Veterans’ Credit must be in this office and completely verified before Veterans’ Credit will be approved.
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT UNSOLICITED DOCUMENTATION.
Online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit a paper application to: Maryland Military Department State Personnel Office, 29th Division Street, Room B10, Baltimore, MD 21201-2288.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact Nick Pindale via email at [email protected]. Fax: 667-239-3559
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country!
Company: State of Maryland
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Silver Spring, MD
Application Deadline: N/A