Advanced Pharmacist – Antimicrobial in Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board Bugighi tbc, West Coast Division (The Gambia), The Gambia
Website Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board
This job listing is about Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board in Bugighi tbc, West Coast Division (The Gambia), The Gambia 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
Detailed Job Description And Main Responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click “Apply now” to view in Trac.
Main duties of the job
We are looking for an experienced pharmacist with excellent communication and leadership skills to support the integrated services including:
- Providing patient focused clinical antimicrobial pharmaceutical advice to all healthcare professionals, during antimicrobial stewardship ward rounds and to the OPAT services.
- To work in conjunction with Microbiologists, specialist clinicians and the empirical antimicrobial guideline group to produce localised antimicrobial guidelines to ensure safe and effective use of antimicrobials.
- To ensure effective antimicrobial stewardship is implemented locally by working in conjunction with clinicians, nursing and pharmacy teams. This may include developing, planning, undertaking, co-ordinating and writing up clinical audits and projects.
- Provide educational teaching and training to support the local and national antimicrobial stewardship agenda.
- To be responsible for supporting healthcare associated infection reviews. Identifying learning and, feeding back to address any prescribing related issues.
The successful candidate will be working with the antimicrobial team leader, consultant antimicrobial pharmacist and the wider IHC antimicrobial stewardship team to provide strategic support on the antimicrobial stewardship agenda to the integrated health services.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post; Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.
To work in the UK, all candidates who are not UK or Republic of Ireland (RoI) nationals require sponsorship to obtain either a , unless you have permission to work via another route. Non UK / RoI candidates wishing to apply should self-assess the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship by visiting
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Welsh language skills are desirable
Company: Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bugighi tbc, West Coast Division (The Gambia), The Gambia
Application Deadline: N/A