This listing is about AECOM in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world.
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We’re one global team – 47,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
Here, you will have freedom to grow in a world of opportunity. Our Freedom to Grow policy celebrates flexible working; if you are interested in joining us, we should be happy to discuss a working arrangement to suit you.
Due to growth in demand for our services we are currently recruiting for enthusiastic, established individuals to join our environmental waste team. We seek high calibre individuals, ideally with relevant industry experience such as:
- Having worked on UK nuclear licensed sites;
- A working knowledge of UK Site Licence companies;
- Operating waste management facilities;
- Having consulting and project management experience;
- Undertaking nuclear decommissioning;
- Facilitating optioneering meetings;
- Undertaking regulator engagement.
We are looking for individuals that can undertake the following:
- Waste management studies, such as: strategy development; Integrated Waste Strategies; radioactive waste inventory development;
- Waste-led decommissioning strategies;
- Environmental studies e.g. BAT/BPM assessments; Environmental Aspects identification and management.
- Candidates should ideally have BPSS or higher security classification or know of no reason why such security clearance would not be attainable.
The successful candidate(s) will manage project teams to deliver a range of projects as well as supporting senior leaders to grow the practice. We work from a range of UK offices and are proud to have our Freedom to Grow programme which supports flexible working.
Depending on your experience and aspirations a typical week could involve:
- Conducting and delivering technical work;
- Managing tasks covering technical, quality and financial management;
- Supporting and mentoring team members to build their capacity and expertise;
- Liaising and collaborating with colleagues, clients and their advisors to deliver work on time, to budget and achieving technical excellence;
- Multitasking: working across several projects and proposals at one time;
- Preparing costed proposals and other business development materials (e.g. for webinars, flyers, case studies, etc.);
- Building positive long-term client relationships;
- Building internal networks to promote our services within AECOM; and
- Supporting the practice leadership to identify and secure new internal and external opportunities.
- You will be supported by your line manager with regular mentoring and in continuing your professional development with training and support for chartership.
What are we looking for:
- A desire to deliver technical excellence;
- Project and financial management experience;
- Commercial awareness for business development, marketing, and proposal preparation;
- Great communication skills in English, fluency in other languages an advantage;
- Solid numeracy skills, confidence in working with large data sets and advanced Excel skills; and
- Problem solving abilities. Self-starter, who can design and deliver work under own initiative;
- An understanding of the Guidance on Requirements for Release of nuclear
- sites from Radioactive Substances Regulation (GRR) and site end-state management is desirable;
- An understanding of the regulation of radioactive substances and waste is desirable;
- Experience in HAW e.g. preparing RWM disposal assessments is desirable;
- Knowledge and experience of the Radioactive Waste Advisor role is desirable.
- Environmental safety cases, permitting and compliance;
- Waste arrangements review and audit;
- Waste characterisation, treatment, conditioning, packaging, storage, transport or disposal;
- NORM management.
- The value of diversity and inclusion is readily apparent in creating a collaborative, supportive working environment and in delivering innovative, contextually appropriate projects. It is very important to both what we do and the way we do it. We welcome app
The value of diversity and inclusion is readily apparent in creating a collaborative, supportive working environment and in delivering innovative, contextually appropriate projects. It is very important to both what we do and the way we do it. We welcome applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences. The important thing for us is that you can demonstrate that you can effectively fulfil the needs of the role. If you feel you can fulfil the requirements of the role, but there are other factors that are making you hesitant in applying, we would still like to hear from you and see if we can work together to overcome any challenges.
Your benefits will include:
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you’ll also be able to explore flexible working arrangements through our FREEDOM TO GROW
- way of working. Core benefits include 25 days’ annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You’ll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity, The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you’re a member of the Reserve Forces you’ll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Sciences
Business Line Environment
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 254687BR
Additional Locations UK – Basingstoke, UK – Birmingham – Colmore Plaza, UK – Croydon – Bedford Park, UK – Edinburgh – Tanfield, UK – Glasgow – 120 Bothwell Street, UK – Leeds, UK – Manchester – Bridgewater House, UK – Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK – Warrington – Birchwood Park
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org