This listing is about AECOM in Manchester, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Are you an ambitious and motivated Senior Transport Modeller?
Do you have a passion for demand modelling and public transport? Or do you want to explore this new territory?
Can you help mentor and develop a growing team of transport planners?
If the answers to these questions are yes, then we are looking to expand our teams in the North West within our Manchester office to work on a number of exciting new projects to support sustainable economic growth and development across the region.
We have an exciting and extensive portfolio of projects in the North West for major clients including TfGM, Highways England, TfN and HS2 as well as all major local government bodies such as Merseytravel, Warrington and Cheshire West and the Greater Manchester districts. We undertake a wide range of services for Manchester Airport Group and also public transport operators in the region and we want to boost our team in terms of modelling capabilities.
The post is based in our Manchester city centre office and will be part of our North West Transport Planning team currently comprising 60 staff. The team are fully integrated into AECOM’s wider North West multi-disciplinary business of over 700 staff.
The team are part of the Strategy, Planning & Advisory (SP&A) sector offering a range of planning, modelling and appraisal services across all transport modes to local, regional and national government as well as the private sector.
As a Senior Transport Planner/Modeller, you will be an important member of our Transport Planning and Modelling team in Manchester.
- You will help in delivery projects focused on complex tasks related to public transport and demand modelling;
- You will undertake the tasks with limited supervision, and taking responsibility for the technical quality and delivery of the work and ensuring that best practice techniques are applied consistently;
- You will take responsibility for the technical development of junior staff, providing on-the-job coaching and mentoring and able to be self-motivated and constantly innovate the processes.
- Good Experience of the development and/or application of transport models on public transport and Variable Demand (preferable CUBE but also welcome EMME and VISUM);
- Good understanding of traffic models and business case development and a depth of knowledge of key guidance documents, such as DfT’s TAG;
- Data Analysis and Problem-Solving skills, including the use of GIS and experience in processing large datasets using tools such as Microsoft SQL and Access
- Programming skills in Python would be considered as a plus
- Keen to work as part of a team with experience of supervision of workload and support to junior staff.
- Take responsibility for the health, safety and wellbeing of all staff.
- Degree in a relevant subject (Transport Planning, Maths, Science, Geography, Physics, etc.)
Appropriate professional status (or working towards) with a membership of a relevant professional chartered institute, or eligible for membership of a relevant professional chartered institute; for example, Institute of Civil Engineers (ICE), Transport Planning Society (TPS), Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport in the UK (CILT) or Chartered.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Engineering – Transportation
Business Line Transportation
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 247970BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location: Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org