This listing is about AECOM in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
AECOM are currently recruiting for an EC&I Engineer to join our established and ever-growing Water, Ports & Power team in the Warrington office situated on Birchwood Park. Our primarily focus is the design, management & supervision of multi-discipline projects on all the major Clients within the UK, with a primary focus on turn-key solutions to projects often including control system design, building services and direct consultancy services.
The Warrington office is the central office for AECOMs nuclear engineering business sector, although we still form part of the Water, Ports and Power business unit, which provides opportunities to work in many other highly regulated sectors, from nuclear new build, nuclear decommissioning, clean water, sewage treatment, renewables projects, resiliency projects, disaster recovery etc.
We are actively looking to expand our team with the appointment of an EC&I Engineer. The opportunity is open to candidates from Electrical Graduates with experience who are looking to progress their careers, to experienced EC&I Engineers who have been working at this level for some time and are looking for a new challenge. We are looking for staff that are highly motivated and who can apply their skills as an individual or as part of a team to deliver projects to the benefit of our Clients. Inherently the projects are multi-disciplinary and may be at any stage in the project life cycle. Our projects range from client consultancy support to complete turn-key solutions.
Job Description / Role
EC&I Engineer reporting to the Head of EC&I Engineering at the Warrington office.
You will be responsible for delivery of EC&I design & engineering within that department, including the production of design documentation.
For this role we would expect you to be:
- Relevant experience and be able to demonstrate sound technical knowledge.
- Full UK driving license or equivalent that permits driving in the UK.
- Able to meet the requirements for security clearance in the UK
Your previous experience will demonstrate competency in a number of the following areas:
- Competent user of the current version of AutoCAD, a sound understanding of drawing standards and best drawing practice.
- Deliver project deliverables within timescales, budget constraints and quality expectations.
- Have knowledge of Health and Safety in design.
- An appreciation of mechanical / civil and process systems and the aptitude work within a multi-disciplinary team.
- A working knowledge of BS7671.
Preferred (but not essential) Additional Qualifications / Skills
- Low Voltage Electrical Distribution design.
- Control system design.
- Building Services & Management system design.
- Earthing & Lightning design.
- Appreciation of standards (IEC 61508, 61511, 61513 & 61439).
- Appreciation of ATEX.
- Experience of commissioning electrical and control systems.
- Knowledge / experience the current version of Revit.
- Knowledge / experience the current version of Amtech.
- Knowledge / experience the current version of DIALux or ReLux.
- Successful candidates will be required to undergo a security vetting process and offers of employment will be subject to relevant security clearance being granted.
Travel to other UK company sites and some international travel may be necessary as part of the role.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or Equivalent Qualifications and Experience in the delivery of EC&I projects.
- Working towards or a Chartered Engineer with the IET.
Your benefits will include:
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you’ll also be able to explore flexible working arrangements through our FREEDOM TO GROW
- way of working. Core benefits include 25 days’ annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You’ll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity, The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you’re a member of the Reserve Forces you’ll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Engineering – Electrical / Electronic
Business Line Water
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 256217BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org