This listing is about AECOM in Exeter, England, United Kingdom
About the job
The Water team in the UK&I are looking for BIM Coordinators with experience on a delivering engineering projects in accordance with industry BIM standards.
The successful candidate will have proven experience in information management, governance and compliance with the relevant industry codes and/or client standards. You will have strong development skills and the technical ability, knowledge and competence to provide guidance and to teach others.
We are a multi-discipline team comprising civil, structural, mechanical, electrical and process engineering delivering services to our clients such as feasibility studies, scheme designs and detailed designs. Our clients are from the private and public sector and include Scottish Water, Thames Water, HS2, Network Rail, Environment Agency and several leading Tier 1 contractors.
- Support the Project Delivery Manager in the development of BIM Executions Plans, Master Information Delivery Plans and all aspects in relation to facilitating the digital delivery of data and meeting contracted milestones
- Encourage the utilisation of digital tools to review, influence and enhance design quality processes
- Championing BIM on the project and promote, articulate and lead BIM behaviours
- Managing CAD deliverables for multiple projects to completion within budget
- Direct project support and production to assigned projects creating models as required using the standards to meet the job requirements, including appropriate level of detail, populating metadata and incorporating classification data
- Report model coordination issues and host design team meetings to review issues
- Provides support to design staff on the Building Information Modelling system, which provides 3D models using project specifications and content
- Advise and mentor less experienced colleagues and peers
- Support Digital Engineering Lead in maintaining CAD standards, best practice and processes for modelling, content creation and advanced digital developments
- Working knowledge of the CIC BIM Protocol, ISO 19650 standards suite and related BIM standards
- Experience delivering project information in accordance with BIM standards
- Experience using Revit and/or Civil 3D, validating and coordinating models in Navisworks or similar software
- Experience working in a Common Data Environment such as ProjectWise, BIM360, 4Projects, Aconex or similar
- A good team player confident to liaise with other staff locally and across the global business
- A certified postgraduate or equivalent qualification in Civil/Structural Engineering
- Individual BIM certification (ISO19650 or BS1192) with recognised body e.g. ICE, BSi, BRE, etc. an advantage.
Your benefits will include:
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you’ll also be able to explore flexible working arrangements through our FREEDOM TO GROW
- way of working. Core benefits include 25 days’ annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You’ll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity, The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you’re a member of the Reserve Forces you’ll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Designer / Drafting / CADD / CAD
Business Line Water
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 254303BR
Additional Locations UK – Basingstoke, UK – Birmingham – Colmore Plaza, UK – Bristol – Portwall Place, UK – Cardiff, UK – Chesterfield, UK – Croydon – Bedford Park, UK – Edinburgh – Tanfield, UK – Exeter, UK – Leeds, UK – Manchester – 1 New York Street, UK – St. Albans, UK – Warrington – Birchwood Park
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location: Exeter, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com