This listing is about AECOM in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world.
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We’re one global team – 47,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
Here, you will have freedom to grow in a world of opportunity.
AECOM are recruiting a Mechanical Engineer to join our established and ever growing Water, Ports & Power team in the Warrington office situated on Birchwood Park.
We are actively looking to expand our team with the appointment of a Mechanical Engineer to join our Nuclear Team. The opportunity is open to candidates from Graduate Mechanical Engineer who is looking to progress their career to experienced Mechanical Engineers who have been working at this level for some time. We are looking for staff are highly motivated and who can apply their skills as an individual or as part of a team to deliver projects to the benefit of our Clients. Inherently the projects are multi-disciplinary and may be at any stage in the project life cycle. Our projects range from client consultancy support to complete turn-key solutions.
In addition Mechanical Engineer duties, the successful candidate may be required to both manage and project report on their package of work. Additional responsibilities may include the client interface, preparation of bids and proposals and then managing the delivery of the projects in accordance with AECOM’s quality, safety and environmental procedures.
As part of the the role you will get involved in a range of tasks such as:
- Carrying out specific design tasks to meet the time, cost and quality requirements of projects. This may include but not be limited to;
- Hand sketches
- 3D scheme models
- Functional calculations
- Design risk assessments
- Directive compliance assessments
- Client meetings
- Testing activities
- Commissioning activities
- Post project review meetings
- Agree remaining work durations with Project Managers.
- Highlight (at the earliest opportunity) when a task will not be completed to a previously agreed timescale.
- Identify and report change.
- Estimating durations for design of tender items.
- Input to Technical Sales proposals as appropriate.
- Ensure that HSE legislation is applied at a project level
- Provide input to QA audits as appropriate.
- Report non-conformities, incidents and observations through the appropriate systems.
For this role we would like to see candidates with the following:
- Previous experience in the design and delivery of complex, high specification packaged systems.
- Ideally experience within nuclear, defence, petro-chemical, offshore or equivalent, highly regulated application fields.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required with the ability to prepare written specifications and contract documents.
- Implementing the approved procedural model for engineering design and project related activities.
- To be familiar with legislation and regulations applicable to their role and the projects they are engaged in.
- Detail design generation including:
- 3D detail models,
- Detail functional calculations,
- Detail design risk assessments,
- Directive compliance assessments,
- Participate in Design Reviews at all Project Phases,
- Production of manufacturing documentation including,
- 2D part, fabrication and assembly drawings,
- Factory acceptance tests,
- Method statements,
- Operation, maintenance and installation manuals.
- Successful candidates will be required to undergo a security vetting process and offers of employment will be subject to relevant security clearance being granted.
- Travel to other UK company sites and some international travel may be necessary as part
- Mechanical Engineering degree
Your benefits will include:
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you’ll also be able to explore flexible working arrangements through our FREEDOM TO GROW
- way of working. Core benefits include 25 days’ annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You’ll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity, The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you’re a member of the Reserve Forces you’ll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.
What We Offer
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers – leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let’s get started.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Engineering – Mechanical
Business Line Water
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 256467BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com