This listing is about AECOM in Leeds, England, United Kingdom
About the job
The Water, Ports & Power business in the UK & Ireland are looking for Revit modellers to bring additional expertise to our growing team nationwide. The role is supporting teams across the UK&I and will be assigned to the nearest AECOM office to the successful candidate.
The successful candidate will be an experienced Autodesk Revit user and will have experience on a variety of civil & structural engineering projects. You will have a proven level of experience of delivering projects to client’s satisfaction at the appropriate standard, ensuring accuracy of models and drawings, ensuring that the relevant codes and standards are complied with. You will have strong development skills and the technical ability, knowledge and competence to provide guidance and to teach others.
We are a multi-discipline team comprising civil, structural, mechanical, electrical and process engineering delivering services to our clients such as feasibility studies, scheme designs and detailed designs. Our clients are from the private and public sector and include Scottish Water, Thames Water, HS2, Network Rail, Environment Agency and several leading Tier 1 contractors.
- Experienced user of Autodesk Revit (Structure or MEP preferred)
- Knowledge of CIC BIM Protocol, ISO 19650 and related BIM standards
- Experience with other BIM software such as Autodesk Navisworks, BIM360, Infraworks, Revit an advantage
- Experience working in a Common Data Environment such as ProjectWise, BIM360, 4Projects, Aconex or similar advantageous
- A good team player confident to liaise with other staff locally and across the global business
- Works under limited supervision.
- Provides training and technical support to design staff on the Building Information Modeling system, which provides 3D models using project specifications and content.
- Direct project support and production to assigned projects and create the drawings as required using the standards and content to meet the job requirements (objects within the drawing, doors, lights, etc.).
- Managing CAD deliverables for multiple projects to completion within budget
- Effectively manage own time across multiple projects and undertake CAD duties unsupervised
- Direct project support and production to assigned projects creating models as required using the standards to meet the job requirements, including appropriate level of detail, populating metadata and incorporating classification data
- Provides support to design staff on the Building Information Modelling system, which provides 3D models using project specifications and content
- Advise and mentor less experienced colleagues and peers
- Comply with quality policies for project delivery
- Attend and contribute to design team meetings
- Support Digital Engineering Lead in maintaining CAD standards, best practice and processes for modelling, content creation and advanced digital development
- HNC (or equivalent) in Civil/Structural/Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in the water/oil/gas industry or industrial buildings an advantage
Your benefits will include:
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you’ll also have the opportunity to explore flexible working arrangements. Core benefits include 25 days’ annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You’ll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity, The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you’re a member of the Reserve Forces you’ll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Designer / Drafting / CADD / CAD
Business Line Water
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 254301BR
Additional Locations IE – Dublin – Adelphi Plaza, UK – Basingstoke, UK – Belfast – Clarence West, UK – Bristol – Portwall Place, UK – Cardiff, UK – Chesterfield, UK – Croydon – Bedford Park, UK – Edinburgh – Tanfield, UK – Exeter, UK – Glasgow – 120 Bothwell Street, UK – Leeds, UK – Manchester – 1 New York Street, UK – St. Albans, UK – Warrington – Birchwood Park
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location: Leeds, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com