This listing is about AECOM in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world.
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We’re one global team – 47,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
Here, you will have freedom to grow in a world of opportunity.
Due to the continued growth and expansion of our Nuclear Power & Decommissioning Team in Warrington, we are looking enhance our technical capabilities and are seeking to recruit an experienced Associate Structural Engineer. You will have the vision, passion and track record required to continue the growth of our structural engineering offering, undertaking a business development role as well as engineering design role. You will lead the continued development of a strong team to whom you will provide leadership and robust management. In this high profile role, you will be the first point of direct contact with clients, partners and contractors. This is an exciting time for the Nuclear Power & Decommissioning team with an interesting and expanding pipeline of both international and UK based projects.
- Demonstrable expertise with a track record of successful application of specialist knowledge or skills.
- Current experience working in a post where design was a major part of the role.
- Extensive post Chartership experience working in roles where your engineering knowledge of relevant practices, techniques and procedures is a key attribute.
- Able to demonstrate extensive experience of the Nuclear Sector, including new build and decommissioning projects. in roles reliant upon professional engineering expertise and judgement.
- Able to demonstrate excellent leadership capability and provide strategic guidance based on knowledge and experience of projects across a portfolio to inform and direct projects and programmes.
- Able to demonstrate Management of a team or function and in particular within complex or novel assignments.
- Demonstrable record of successful delivery, including positions influencing other professional engineers in the definition, implementation and delivery of engineering work packages.
- Ability to provide leadership and undertake business development in a key area within an engineering function including acting as a custodian of resource and expertise.
- Able to demonstrate a working knowledge of seismic/numerical modelling including finite element analysis, soil/structure and structure/soil/structure analysis in order to lead in this field.
- Able to establish new/or enhance existing processes/procedures.
- Able to prepare and deliver technical presentations.
- Comfortable in carrying out peer reviews of both internal and external technical submissions.
- Understanding of design principles and ability to apply them.
- Have a working knowledge of European and American Standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to travel to site.
- Able to meet the requirements for security clearance in the UK.
- Structural Engineering Degree, or equivalent, at Masters or PhD level.
- Chartered Engineer (CEng) with MIStructE or equivalent institute.
Your benefits will include:
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you’ll also have the opportunity to explore flexible working arrangements. Core benefits include 25 days’ annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You’ll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity, The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you’re a member of the Reserve Forces you’ll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.
What We Offer
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers – leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let’s get started.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Engineering – Power
Business Line Water
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 261855BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org