This listing is about AECOM in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world.
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We’re one global team – 47,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
Here, you will have freedom to grow in a world of opportunity.
Due to the continued growth and expansion of our established Nuclear Power & Decommissioning we are looking to increase our technical workforce and are seeking to recruit a Senior Engineer into our Westlakes Office.
The successful candidate will be responsible for Structural & Civil Engineering input on our portfolio of Nuclear projects. You will form part of our strong multi-disciplinary engineering team delivering varied and interesting projects for a variety of public and private clients both in the UK and overseas.
Within the role you will be responsible for;
- Delivering Nuclear design work on projects for a range of public and private sector clients within the UK and overseas.
- Preparing detailed technical structural/civil engineering designs.
- Working with integrated multi-disciplinary teams to deliver high profile projects.
- Assisting with the management of the projects delivery.
- Assisting and mentoring team members to promote their technical and professional development.
- This is an exciting time for the Nuclear Power & Decommissioning team in Warrington, with an interesting and expanding pipeline of both international and UK based projects
The candidate that we are looking to recruit should ideally have a good level of experience within a role where knowledge of engineering was a key attribute. The candidate should also ideally have previous experience within the last 3 years working within a regulated and quality assured system (preferably nuclear) in roles reliant upon pragmatic design judgement and where design was a major part of the role.
The successful Senior Engineer candidate will ideally have/be:
- Expertise demonstrable in one or more specific specialist areas relevant to Civil / Structural Engineering.
- Ability to be able to prepare design work in a wide variety of construction materials, with minimal supervision.
- Good experience of Civil Engineering plant and equipment for application in Civil / Structural Engineering Design.
- Knowledge of design guides, laws, regulations, processes and procedures appropriate to Civil / Structural Engineering.
- Competent in the specification of work and also the interpretation and application of results.
- Engineering experience demonstrating a record of successful delivery, including positions influencing professional engineers and guiding technical personnel in the definition, implementation and delivery of engineering work packages.
- Knowledge of relevant design tools, techniques and related methods e.g. IT systems, IT Software.
- Understanding of design principles and ability to apply them.
- Have a working knowledge of European and American Standards.
- Travel to site.
- Able to meet the requirements for security clearance in the UK.
- Bachelor Honours Degree and near Chartered /Chartered Engineer (MICE or MIStrucE).
Your benefits will include:
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you’ll also be able to explore flexible working arrangements through our FREEDOM TO GROW
- way of working. Core benefits include 25 days’ annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You’ll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity, The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you’re a member of the Reserve Forces you’ll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.
What We Offer
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers – leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let’s get started.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Engineering
Business Line Water
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 260587BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org