Airbus Jobs as #AGGP Flight Physics Software Graduate at GreaterBristolArea,UnitedKingdom 2022
This Job Listing is about Airbus in GreaterBristolArea,UnitedKingdom 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
About the job
Every year we look for university graduates from around the world to join Airbus. We need people with the aspiration, enthusiasm and the talent to help us move forward and to change the world and your development through our Airbus Global Graduate Experience. You are part of a 2 year programme where you develop your professional skills, but deliver our vision to pioneer sustainable aerospace for a safe and united world. When you begin your career with us, we accelerate your networks, locally and internationally, and gain a unique perspective on the world of Airbus. You are part of a global community, so we bring you together once a year for a global graduate conference where you meet your peers, hear from our leaders and learn from the best.
We are hiring the graduates we need to fill the critical roles for our future. By the end of the programme, our aim is that you are ready to progress, having already demonstrated your value. You will have developed your skills in an area that is strategically important for Airbus, you will know about the Airbus business, the opportunities, challenges and needs, and you will have learned more about yourself, and what makes you great. Above all you will have the opportunity to do your best work in an industry that is literally reshaping how we live in our world. If you are ready to join and be part of this journey please apply below.
Who You Will Be Joining
Flight Physics is responsible for the overall aircraft design activities across all the stages of aircraft development, from pre-design work to in-service support. There are four departments covering a wide range of activities: Aerodynamics, Loads & Aeroelastics, Mass Properties and Flight Physics Capabilities. The Capabilities team develops the world class software needed to support the diverse design work carried out in the other Flight Physics departments. In addition it offers guidance on new and emerging technologies such as machine learning, data analysis and cloud computing.
What You Will Be Doing
Over the 2 year and 4 month scheme there will be placements in various departments to build on core skills, develop project management and leadership skills, and experience transnational working. There is also additional tool and soft skill training, and opportunities to work on STEM projects aimed at inspiring the engineers of the future.
Flight Physics Capabilities is an exciting department to work for in a number of ways:
- We develop solutions which are directly related to overall aircraft design
- We get a chance to work on challenging technical problems as well as leading multi-functional teams and interfacing with a wide range of stakeholders in Flight Physics and IT.
- We work on the latest technologies including Cloud Computing, Artificial Intelligence and Big Data Analytics.
- Our teams are distributed across sites in France, Germany, India, Spain and the UK bringing a wide variety of cultures
- We support applications ranging from 30+ years old to brand new which can lead to a challenging distribution of skills
- “We don’t just do coding”; we work with the customer to understand their requirements, recommend the optimum solutions and define the methodology, as well as working with suppliers to deliver and support those solutions throughout their lifetime.
- As a flight physics graduate targeted to the capabilities team we will look to build your knowledge of engineering through a series of placements as well as build up your experience of software development in a business environment.
- You will get a chance to work on numerous solutions to support aircraft design both for the flying fleet and in our range of new developments.
What We Look For
To be a successful applicant to the Airbus Global Graduate Programme, you will need to demonstrate;
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent within a relevant field of study
- Maximum of three years relevant work experience
- Strong verbal and written communication in our business language (English)
- A desire to work in a collaborative team environment, focused on driving future innovation
- The ability to be self aware and a wish to be in the driving seat of your development.
What You Will Need To Apply
- Studying or Studied a degree in Computer Science, Data analytics, Physics, Mathematics, Engineering or a similar technical subject (2:1 or higher)
Previous Experience Of
- Software development, preferably including Python and/or Java (or other object oriented languages)
- Using Git (Github, Gitlab etc.)
- Linux and/or cloud computing
- Naturally curious and excited to build understanding
- Ability to manage problems, communicating effectively to resolve them in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive, love to learn and be able to focus on your own self development
- Enjoys solving mathematical or science problems through coding
Please ensure that a cover letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
Please note, we love your interest in working for Airbus but we do ask that you make only one application to the Airbus Global Graduate Programme. We encourage you to take time to decide which of our exciting opportunities is right for you and then submit an application that best represents you, your skills and experience in connection with the role you have selected.
Please note that depending on the number of applicants the posting can be taken offline earlier . If you are interested we would advise you to apply as soon as possible.
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments for the selection process – you can share this with the Recruitment Business Partner who gets in touch if you are invited to interview. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; auxiliary aids; room layout etc. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Airbus Operations Limited
Permanent Contract / CDI / Unbefristet / Contrato indefinido
Entry Level / Débutant / Anfänger / Recién titulado
Flight & Space Physics
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Airbus is, and always has been, committed to equal opportunities for all. As such, we will never ask for any type of monetary exchange in the frame of a recruitment process. Any impersonation of Airbus to do so should be reported to [email protected]
At Airbus, we support you to work, connect and collaborate more easily and flexibly. Wherever possible, we foster flexible working arrangements to stimulate innovative thinking.