Website Alliance Healthcare
This listing is about Alliance Healthcare in Hinckley, England, United Kingdom
About the job
About The Role
The Transport Clerk must ensure timely and efficient vehicle, driver and route planning for both internal and external customers.
All staff are expected to understand the principles of Good Distribution Practice of Medicinal Products for Human Use (2013/C 68/01) which is reflected in our SOP – REF Chapter 1 AHDL GDP 1.1. It will be a requirement for all staff to be trained in this SOP and have an annual refresher. All other GDP training will be job specific and as per your personal training matrix
- Maintain a full knowledge of operational procedures in relation to Transport.
- Prepare and plan the delivery schedules incorporating Service Centre and 3 rd party customer / supplier requirements, factoring in our driver rota criteria.
- Attach all required documentation to the driver timesheets i.e. maps, uplift notes, trailer and unit check sheets.
- Check driver timesheets prior to distribution ensuring trailer numbers, vehicle registration and shift start times are correctly recorded. Raise any discrepancies immediately with the Transport Supervisor.
- Debrief drivers at the end of their shift ensuring all paperwork is completed correctly and/or POD’s/Uplifts are returned along with any other relevant shift or vehicle information.
- Brief agency personnel prior to the start of their shift, issuing trailer and unit check sheets, time sheets, fuel cards and gate passes.
- Ensure agency personnel hours are recorded and passed to the Payroll Department by the agreed deadline.
- Enter all data from tachographs onto database via the tachograph scanner, ensuring all relevant legislation is adhered to. Report any discrepancies immediately to the Transport Supervisor.
- Analysis of both analogue and digital Tachograph charts including the preparation and distribution of infringement reports.
- Calculate weekly, miles per gallon per vehicle on the hire units and distribute to the Transport Supervisor, Administration Manager and General Manager.
- Update daily the Fleet KPI detailing all fuel, mileage and fleet costs.
- Ensure wage data is entered correctly onto the system from drivers’ timesheets on a daily basis and comprehensively checked prior to submission to the CSC Payroll Department by the agreed deadline.
- Ensure the drivers hours are feeding through correctly from the Drivers Wage Spreadsheet to the Working Time Directive Spreadsheet. Report any discrepancies immediately to the Transport Supervisor.
- Ensure all requested POD’s are forwarded to Alloga/Head Office to assist in the reduction of company debtors.
- Once authorised by the Transport Supervisor place orders for new / replacement driver uniforms with the recognised company supplier, ensuring the company None Trading Order (NTO) process is adhered to.
- Maintain a transparent filing system accessible to all.
- Support other sections of Transport and Transport Administration as and when required.
- Ensure your nominated holiday cover is fully apprised of any changes to existing practices.
- All visitors to site are to be welcomed in a polite, friendly and professional manner.
- Ensure all visitors to site and contactors comply with Health & Safety procedures.
- Maintain office housekeeping/hygiene, including regular cleansing and archiving of computer and hard paper files.
- Advise Supervisor/Manager of any instance requiring special action.
- Maintain standards in accordance with the Health & Safety policy.
This vacancy is for 39 hours Tuesday to Friday 5.00am to 1.00pm
Saturday 5.00am to 12.00am
You will work in a tidy and methodical manner and take pride in a high standard of accuracy. You should be flexible to suit the needs of the business and approach all new tasks with a positive attitude. You will have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. You will have intermediate Numeracy and Literacy. You will need to be physically capable of standing for long periods, as well as bending and lifting.
Working in a transport environment with some office experience especially in transport are would be an advantage but not essential as training will be given.
Familiarity with computers in office, work and excel.
About The Company
Alliance Healthcare is a leading distributor and wholesaler of pharmaceutical, medical and healthcare products, serving over 16,200 pharmacies, hospitals and dispensing doctors throughout the UK on a twice daily basis.
We play a vital role in the medical supply chain and it’s our responsibility to offer a reliable service that ensures our customers receive the right product, in the right place, at the right time.
Company: Alliance Healthcare
Job Location: Hinckley, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org