This listing is about Amazon in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
We’re hiring a Senior Operations Manager. This leadership role is all about ensuring Fulfillment Center (FC) delivery is smooth and efficient. You’ll be reporting to the General Manager/Site Leader, as you keep an eye on several critical areas of Fulfillment & Operations.
Across our growing presence, Fulfillment Centers sit within our wider Fulfillment & Operations network: they’re the backbone of our global business, driving our innovative culture and growth. These environments are both highly stimulating and rewarding: you’ll step into your Fulfillment Center by leading a team of Operations and Area Managers.
We’ll expect you to proactively collaborate with the Operations and Area Managers you’ll be directing. They’ll require coaching and mentoring from you, to ensure that they, and the teams they manage, are able to meet performance objectives.
How You’ll Succeed
The name of your game is to help tackle complex problems that affect Amazon’s Operations and Customer Service. The teams you manage are always working to resolve just about any problem that arises during the customer journey. They’ll need your input to aid them in thinking ‘outside of the box’.
Together With Them, You Will Aim To
- Continuously improve the efficiency of operations and delivery processes,
- Instill a culture of customer obsession, aiming for excellent customer service,
- Maintain high standards of operations Health & Safety,
- Inspire and reward an atmosphere of best practice sharing among employees.
More Day-to-day Responsibilities
- Proactive, constructive engagement with Delivery Service Providers,
- You’ll need to monitor the delivery metrics and performance of more than 2000 Associates,
- You’ll oversee plans for employees, schedules, quality initiatives, process change initiatives, in order to help FCs achieve year-on-year improvements,
- You’ll manage a large team (typically 2,000+): this workforce will consist of both permanent and temporary employees,
- Via our People Agenda, you’ll create, build up, lead and inspire your workforce to deliver improved performance levels. Part of this will include paying attention to:
- The safety of our team members,
- Employee engagement,
- Performance leadership,
- Talent & succession management
- Training & development
- Several years in manufacturing, production, or distribution logistics environments: Ideally five of those at a senior level role, managing multi-site locations,
- You hold an degree from an accredited institution,
- You’re goal-driven and target-oriented, always able to step back and appreciate the bigger picture,
- Demonstrated track record of team leadership within a large scale, fast-moving and process-driven environment: end-to-end process management experience is a must,
- You’re able to manage, motivate and influence positive work behaviors in employees,
- Proven ability to improve metrics at a country level,
- Excellent command of English – both verbal and written,
- Ideally, you’ll have an awareness of how to manage Lean/Six Sigma manufacturing techniques,
- Experience of effectively managing third party contract resource arrangements is also a nice to have.
We’re looking forward to receiving your application.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process.
If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Company – Amazon UK Services Ltd.
Job ID: A1894145
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org