This listing is about Amazon in Hinckley, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Who We Are
Amazon is focused on ensuring its associates can work in a safe, quality focused environment. Our learning teams are responsible for delivering and providing safety compliance, process and onboarding training to ensure that our associates are set up for success.
The learning specialist role is focused on managing a team of trainers to execute the learning offer to our associates and managers. The role works closely with the learning manager to partner with operations to ensure our customers’ needs are met.
An Amazon Fulfilment Centre (FC) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAKPoAn2cB0 is a dynamic and challenging environment. You will be very close to the action and spend most of your time on the warehouse floor with the teams who make our FCs great. Developing our people is at the heart of what we do and is needed now more than ever as we are experiencing rapid growth and we plan to keep on growing.
Overall Responsibilities Include
- Developing training plans which minimise disruption to operations and ensure training is of high quality
- Auditing the quality of training/coaching and putting actions in place when necessary
- Planning and executing the recruitment and training of the best instructors
- Ensuring positive and effective collaboration between the learning team and other stakeholders
- Managing a team of Trainers and supporting them with their career development
- Analysing and interpreting metrics to identify areas for improvement
- Providing training to the learning team on changes to learning materials/processes
- Acting as a proxy in the absence of the learning manager
- Contributing to the development of EU wide training material or processes
- Travel 40% of the time
- Bachelor’s degree
- Collaborative approach
- High standard of verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter with the ability to influence senior stakeholders
- Previous experience of delivering training and coaching employees
- Actively seeks opportunities to positively impact beyond the area of responsibility
- Enjoys working in fast-paced environments and to tight deadlines
- A scientific approach to assessing the effectiveness of training interventions
- Ability and initiative to understand the business needs, analyse issues and drive solutions
- Capacity to bring clarity to complex situations
- Evidence of applying lean manufacturing concepts or the ability to learn thems
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Company – Amazon UK Services Ltd.
Job ID: A1899513
Job Location: Hinckley, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org