This listing is about Amazon in Hinckley, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Amazon Operations sits at the heart of the Amazon customer experience. We look after everything from the moment a customer clicks buy, to the moment their item is delivered – from desktop to doorstep.
Across Europe we have more than 50 Fulfillment Centers, hundreds of Delivery Stations, thousands of machines, and tens of thousands of employees, all working together in harmony to make sure the right item gets delivered to the right person, in the right place, at the right time.
Working in Amazon Operations is for people who like to be active and give their all. We work in a busy, dynamic environment and are part of a bigger team delivering on the expectations of millions of customers every single day.
We are open, inclusive and welcome individuality and diversity. The culture in our Operation is built on the way teams bond and the work ethic that enables our business run like clockwork. Our teams take pride in a job well done, looking out for one another, ensuring the highest safety standards and playing their part in delivering the quality service Amazon is known for around the world.
Join us in the Amazon Reliability Maintenance Engineering team. We maintain and optimize technologies in the Global Amazon Warehouse & Delivery Network.
Purpose Of The Job
We are looking for motivated, customer-focused people who want to join our team as a Reliability Maintenance Engineering Technician. The focus of the Reliability Maintenance Engineering Technician role is to ensure safety regulations and policies are adhered to, to ensure preventative maintenance is conducted on time to a high standard and to provide high levels of equipment availability through continuous improvement.
Shift Pattern: This role includes working in non-traditional shift pattern, which may include nights and weekends
- Put health & safety best practices first in all work carried out ensuring compliance with all health & safety standards and regulations.
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance on the full range of equipment within the site.
- React quickly to breakdowns, communicate clearly with affected parties and work efficiently to fix the issue.
- Support continuous improvement by learning from breakdowns and sending feedback and suggestions for improvements through the line manager.
- Provide high levels of equipment availability to our internal customers.
- Support and learn from Senior Reliability Engineering Technicians.
- Management of contractors.
- BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Multi skilled in both electrical and mechanical disciplines.
- Experience of planned preventative maintenance systems.
- Experience fault finding within MHE (Material Handling Equipment)/Automation systems.
- Experience in interpreting both mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Experience of conveyor maintenance, motor controllers/inverters.
- Served a full engineering indentured apprenticeship and/or qualified to a minimum of NVQ level 3 or equivalent
- PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience of high voltage switching.
- Experience of sortation machines.
- Experience of maintaining/configuring bar code scanners.
- Experience of print and apply machines.
- Apprentice Trained, HNC, HND, BSc, BEng
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Company – Amazon UK Services Ltd.
Job ID: A1641796
Job Location: Hinckley, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org