This listing is about Amazon in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Amazon’s Disability & Leave Services (DLS) team in the Human Resources Services organization is building a best-in-class service team to deliver sign language accommodations to Amazon employees across the UK.
The BSL Interpreter is a key member of our accommodation team, providing BSL interpreting services to Amazon applicants, candidates and/or employees who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing. The interpreter assignments will include both in-person and video remote interpreting services for group meetings or events, as well as meetings with individual employees. An Interpreter can be assigned to work primarily with a single employee for all or part of their work days, permanently or temporarily. The Interpreter is a subject matter expert in BSL interpretation services, with the ability to offer consultation and collaborate across teams to solve complex problems in BSL language accommodations. Successful interpreters are highly skilled, adept in responding to changing circumstances and needs of a dynamic culture, and paves the way for a connected and trusted accommodation experience. The Interpreter will be called upon to provide general dialogic interpretation, including conversations of a sensitive nature, such as performance management or review. In addition, stage events, highly technical meetings and recorded presentation or meeting-style circumstances are common. Interpretation in this role may also involve periods of standing, and walking in a fast-paced environment with possible varied noise levels.
- Demonstrate high quality interpretation skills between English and British Sign Language
- Communicate well in both verbal and written English
- Provide interpreting services for Deaf, Hard of Hearing and hearing stakeholders in a variety of settings and roles
- Provide effective communication in a video environment and/or on-site services environment
- Multi-task between interpreting effectively while using video-based technology
- Arrive to shifts and assignments on time and prepared for work
- Flexible in work hours to support meetings sometimes outside of traditional business hours
- Provide stellar customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Collaborate in a professional manner with multiple internal and interdisciplinary teams
- Work effectively with minimal supervision
- Address and respond to sensitive situations
- Troubleshoot issues and seek to remove barriers before, during, or after an interpreting event
- Respond to employee-impacting issues that may arise during the interpreting event and ensure the right communication occurs
- Maintain a working knowledge and increased understanding of the subject matter to enable effective interpretation for all required disciplines
- Demonstrate knowledge and awareness of Amazon’s culture and customs
- Ensure compliance with standard work, code of professional conduct, federal/state regulations, and company policy
- Maintain system records to ensure accurate and timely documentation of interpreting assignments
- Consult, coordinate and partner with our third party administrator, HR, Safety, Legal, Payroll, Benefits, team members and other departments/systems as appropriate
- Perform outreach and training for BSL language access across geographic areas
- Work collaboratively and professionally with other interpreters during assignments
- Travels to various domestic locations to support meetings
- Flexibility in scheduling that will include evening and/or weekend work hours
- Other duties as assigned
- Expert knowledge in British interpreting industry standards of practice, Code of Conduct, Deaf culture, and an elastic linguistic range to match customer needs
- Demonstrated ability to deal with confidential information, including sensitive human resources situations
- Strong problem solving, time management and priority setting skills
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills, both verbal and in writing
- Fluency in both British Sign Language and English with strong sign-to-voice and voice-to-sign interpreting skills
- NRCPD RSLI
- Current ASLI Full Member
- 3 + years of related professional interpreting experience, including VRI services, with strong demonstrated experience interpreting in the all areas of business and/or warehouse environments
Bachelors Degree from accredited University
- Multilingual skills (BSL, ISL)
- 5 years professional interpreting experience in a wide variety of environments, including technical/software business and warehouse settings.
- Experience using tactile and close visual interpretation for individuals who are Deaf-Blind
- Oral interpretation for deaf or hard of hearing individuals who rely on lip-reading
- Intermediate skills with MS Office tools such as Word, Excel, and Outlook
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Company – Amazon UK Services Ltd.
Job ID: A1875740
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com