This listing is about Amazon in Manchester, England, United Kingdom
About the job
AMAZON UK HR SUPPORT APPRENTICE PROGRAMME
Location: This role can be based in MAN1 (Manchester) or MAN 2 (Warrington)
Learn As You Earn – Life changing careers with Amazon Apprenticeships
A qualification and a career at the same time? That’s a bit like having your cake and eating it, right? But it really doesn’t have to be one or the other. Learning and earning within an apprenticeship means you get both – a qualification and a career.
Amazon offers a range of opportunities to suit candidates with different backgrounds, qualifications and career aspirations. That is why we believe it is the perfect place to learn new skills.
Our European Operations Teams are crucial in ensuring that we continue to deliver and innovate for customers. We have big plans and want to continue to develop and retain the best talent.
Amazon apprenticeship schemes are aimed at people who have a passion for learning and want to start a career now – or possibly retrain in a new direction.
To be successful you will need to be committed to your own development and be prepared to make the most of the opportunities, hands on experience and qualifications given to you.
Operations – HR Support L3 apprenticeship
- At Amazon, we believe every day is still day one. Today is that day for you. We are looking for exceptionally talented, bright and driven people to join our Human Resources team as HR Support apprentices. During this 18-month apprenticeship you will work alongside our HR Associate Partners who are progressive, hands-on and customer obsessed front line HR representatives to the line operators (Associate) population in the Amazon Fulfillment Center, providing cover which is aligned with the Operations shift pattern. You will learn to be responsible for taking care and addressing associate queries, placing engagement with associates as your primary focus within a Fulfillment Center. As you develop your skills, knowledge and behaviours you will become an integral part of the HR team, delivering the highest quality of service to our internal and external customers; ensuring associates are supported through effective query handling and problem solving, followed closely by a high level of process understanding and administrative support.
You Will Learn To
- Provide Associate support on HR related topics (documentation of and follow-up on requests, escalation of issues, problem solving, meeting notes), ensuring an engaging workplace environment
- Execute employee administration (incl. Time and Attendance) ensuring that it is managed accurately and timely
- Collect and input data, provide metrics through reports to the HR and Operations leaders
- Support hiring initiatives including events, on-boarding and new hire orientation
On Successful Completion Of The Apprenticeship You Will Achieve
- HR Support L3 apprenticeship standard
- CIPD Diploma in HR Practice – L3
- For the apprenticeship programme we prioritize applicants eligible to government funding for their apprenticeship and for this you need to:
- Have lived in the UK or in the European Economic Area (EAA) for the last 3 years
- Be a resident of the UK for the entire duration of the program (18 months)
- Not be registered to study on a UK government funded course ending June 2022 or later
- You will be 18 years old or older before the contract’s start date,
- You are able to read, understand and communicate in English, interact and engage comfortably with people at all levels of the business,
- You can follow a list of guidelines and instructions (verbal or written) to deliver results and meet deadlines,
- You have a hands-on attitude, be flexible, adaptable and proactive,
- You aim to attain impeccable customer service and excellent customer facing skills,
- You seek and respond well to feedback
- Basic Qualifications
- Interest in HR field
- Ability to work on shifts that are aligned with Operations at location Fulfillment Center
- You will have achieved 4 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grade A – C (4-9) including English and Maths
Finally, you must have flexibility in working hours and shift patterns to provide cover for operational requirements
These will be a plus for your career at Amazon but are not necessary to enter the programme.
- You are able to operate in a challenging and fast paced environment,
- You are able to demonstrate drive and passion.
- Knowledge with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Outlook)
- Analytical skills (able to identify problem and a root cause, work with numbers, data, run metrics and pull reports…)
- You have previous experience of working in a HR role
Amazon and COVID19
Safety is our priority. We are interviewing virtually for this role (and wherever possible).
Read more about how we’re responding to the crisis here: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/company-news/amazons-actions-to-help-employees-communities-and-customers-affected-by-covid-19
Your recruitment process will start with your online application (providing your CV as well as answering questions about the above basic qualifications) and will then take you onto online testing through one of our external training providers.
As a last step, we will invite successful candidates to an assessment center where they will participate in a group exercise, execute a practical exercise and get a chance to present their profile, motivation and skills 1-on-1 during interviews or presentations.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Company – Amazon UK Services Ltd.
Job ID: A1906804
Job Location: Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org