Deputy Mission Advisor – Somalia in Amentum Mogadishu, Banaadir, Somalia
This job listing is about Amentum in Mogadishu, Banaadir, Somalia 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Deputy Mission Advisor – Somalia
ICITAP Oman Counterterrorism Border Security Project Advisor
Amentum is a premier global services partner supporting critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and environment. Amentum draws from a century-old heritage of operational excellence, mission focus, and successful execution underpinned by a strong culture of safety and ethics. Headquartered in Germantown, Md., Amentum employs more than 50,000 people on all seven continents.
Amentum is supporting the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) in providing specialized training, advisory and mentoring services to host nations under the Criminal Division’s International Criminal Investigative Training and Assistance Program (ICITAP). https://www.justice.gov/criminal-icitap. ICITAP is a cornerstone of America’s global strategy for combating transnational crime, terrorism, countering trafficking in persons, establishing rule of law and enhancing human rights in developing countries. Amentum is the contract service provider to the DOJ ICITAP and Overseas Prosecutorial Development, Assistance and Training (OPDAT) programs.
Please Note: This is an Independent Contractor position with Amentum, it should not be considered an employment relationship with Amentum .
PAE is currently seeking a qualified candidate to serve as the ICITAP Deputy Mission Advisor in Mogadishu, Somalia. With guidance and support from ICITAP Headquarters, the Deputy Mission Advisor is responsible for supervising contracted police advisory team personnel (collectively referred to as the Counterterrorism Advisory Team, CTAT) in the absence of, or as directed by, the Mission Advisor, and serves as the Lead Mentor leading a team of law enforcement counterterrorism investigation trainers, mentors and advisors.
Job Duties And Responsibilities
- The Deputy Mission Advisor will coordinate with PAE Program Management Office (PMO) leadership to ensure the administration and performance of the Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), Foreign Local Labor hires (FLLs), and subcontractors.
- The Deputy Mission Advisor will work with PAE and a variety of in-country vendors to coordinate the logistical and life-support services for US Contractors, TCNs, FLLs, and other team members.
- The Deputy Mission Advisor will be responsible for soliciting frequent project updates from the CTAT and will provide formal reporting to DOJ/ICITAP for dissemination to a wider interagency audience.
- The Deputy Mission Advisor will assist the Mission Advisor to maintain accountability for staff, reporting back to ICITAP and PAE on the status of all project assets immediately after major incidents.
- The Deputy Mission Advisor will assist the Mission Advisor in their primary responsibility of ensuring that ICITAP-approved projects are delivered on time, within budget, and in accordance with prescribed specifications.
- The Deputy Mission Advisor will occasionally represent DOJ/ICITAP in meetings with the Department of State (DoS) Counterterrorism Advisor, the international community, and in meetings with DoS Chief of Mission Personnel. While the Deputy Mission Advisor is one of DOJ/ICITAP’s lead prime contractor representatives in SOM, the Deputy Mission Advisor is NOT a US government employee and may not represent himself/herself as such.
Required Skills And Qualifications
- Education: Graduate of a certified federal, state or municipal police academy;Bachelor’s degree in criminal justice, justice administration, public administration, business administration, or related fields from a U.S. Department of Education recognized institution;
- Minimum Experience: Minimum of 20 years of law enforcement experience, with most of the relevant experience in large agencies or department or in federal law enforcement agencies;Minimum of 10 years of progressive supervisory law enforcement experience attaining a senior command position with oversight and authority of administrative and operational function
- Demonstrated experience successfully leading/ managing international development projects
- Demonstrated experience in training, advising or mentoring foreign criminal justice officials
- Demonstrated experience with superior performance in fiscal administration and accountability involving multiple funding sources or financial accounts;
- Demonstrated experience in professional engagement with executive-level law enforcement and diplomatic community representatives.
- Demonstrated experience effectively supervising contractor, TCN, FLL or subcontractor personnel supporting a project or mission
- Experience operating in austere and resource-strained environments
- Demonstrated recent firearms proficiency, i.e. LEOSA or agency handgun qualification course record
- Proficient in Microsoft 365 or equivalent
- Experience serving on an FBI Joint Terrorism Task Force (JTTF) or similar law enforcement entity or working with FBI extraterritorial terrorism squads or Legal Attaché Offices;
- Familiarity with the conduct of operations working in and around an embassy or consulate;
- Respective country equivalent of overseas safety and survival training.
- Experience in East Africa with demonstrated understanding of diverse regional cultures and customs; and/or
- Active SECRET clearance.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mogadishu, Banaadir, Somalia
Application Deadline: N/A