Vehicle Mechanic in Amentum محافظة بغداد بغداد العراق
This job listing is about Amentum in محافظة بغداد بغداد العراق 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
The Vehicle Mechanic will be based at Union III in Iraq and serve the Operations and Maintenance Support Services (OMSS) in support of the U.S. Department of Defense. This position will be responsible for performing vehicle maintenance as well as gates and barriers requirements and will report to the Vehicle Maintenance Supervisor. The duties and responsibilities listed below are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe workplace and ensuring that safety is the highest priority in the workplace.
- Comply with all Environmental Health & Safety and Quality Assurance requirements and goals. Provide information and materials to these divisions as necessary to ensure adequate and legal documentation.
- Supervise and schedule daily work assignments for foreign national (FN) and local national (LN) employeesasvehiclemaintenancemechanics.
- Responsible for tracking and completion of work orders (WO) produced by the Fleet mate database.
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge of vehicle maintenance requirements for a fleet of vehicles (passenger vehicles, large and small trucks, materials-handling and heavy equipment vehicles, recovery vehicles and special-purpose vehicles). Develop a comprehensive knowledge of automatic operating gates and mobile crash barrier requirements for all on site. Responsibilities include:
- Scheduled safetyinspections.
- Scheduled weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annualpreventive maintenance per manufacture recommendations.
- Vehicle oil changes, belt changes, tune-ups, tire rotation and changes, steering system checks, front-end alignments, brakesystems,batteries, electrical, airconditioning, etc.
- Crash Barrier & Gates maintenance, hydraulic pumps, cylinders, gears, low voltage contacts, etc.
- Able to drive and operate recovery truck.
- Hazardousmaterials(HazMat) storage, handling,anddisposal.
- Logistics support (includingmaintaininginventory of spare parts, equipment, and consumables), purchase request and warehousing procedures.
- Participate in equipment inventories.
- Prepare and submit detailed reports on vehicle maintenance projects for the Vehicle Maintenance Supervisor.
- Perform additional duties and projects as assigned.
- Minimum Acceptable Experience Level: Three(3)years’ vehiclemaintenance,mobile crash barriers and automatic gates experience in an overseas environment.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
JD FN Vehicle Mechanic; Revised 09/26/2019 | PAE Government Services, Inc.
- Advanced knowledge of manufacture maintenance requirements, supply principals and support systems for material handling and heavy equipment.
- Experience in the maintenance of large fleets to include procurement of spare parts.
- Knowledge of safety precautions related to maintenance of heavy equipment.
- Knowledge and experience in the maintenance of mobile crash barriers.
- Knowledge and experience in the maintenance of automatic rolling gates.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadershipandcommunication skills.
- Education: A high school diploma or GED and a vocational diploma in Vehicle Maintenance OR completion of an ASE type certified school.
- Licenses and Certifications: Valid driver’s license from Home of Record.
- Language Skills:Satisfactory English proficiency to meet job requirements and to adhereand complywith safety, health, and security measures.
- Medical: Successfully complete and pass the medical and dental examinations as required by PAE and our customer for deployment to Iraq. Must maintain physical and dental requirements for duration of deployment.
- Previous out of home country experience is highly desirable and previous work experience in harsh environmental conditions is a plus.
- Experience working with PAE.
Other Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Knowledge of principles and processes involved in supporting vehicle maintenance responsibilities at an overseas facility.
- Experience providing excellent customer services.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires handling multiple tasks at a given time and rapidlyadapting to changing priorities and schedules.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity with an international perspective.
- Excellent organizationalandtime management skills.
- Expert computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to become an active and functioning member of a team.
- Must have the ability to be innovative and be an agent for change.
- Expert communication skills to facilitate and disseminate information.
Working And Living Conditions
This position may be in a war zone, in an environment with harsh and dangerous working and living conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may regularly be exposed to extreme and austere desert-like environment. Temperatures can reach 120- 130 degrees Fahrenheit/50- 55 degrees Celsius during the summer months. Employees must be willing and able to perform regular job requirements in this austere, extreme environment, as well as willing and able to deploy to Iraq for extended periods. Work schedules are a minimum of 6 days per week and 10 hours per day, while some jobs have higher daily and weekly minimums. Employees must be willing and able to perform physical activities including, but not limited to, heavy lifting and moving of items, parts, assemblies, and equipment up to the safety regulation maximum; climbing in and out of equipment; crawling; and working outdoors. This includes being able to lift and carry 40 pounds of personal protective equipment for extended periods of time and being capable of running and ‘duck & cover’ during emergencies without putting oneself or others at risk.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
PAE is a drug-free workplace.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: محافظة بغداد بغداد العراق
Application Deadline: N/A