ICITAP SPF Training and Planning Directorate in Amentum Mogadishu, Banaadir, Somalia
This job listing is about Amentum in Mogadishu, Banaadir, Somalia 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
ICITAP SPF Training and Planning Directorate
Amentum is a premier global services partner supporting critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and environment. Amentum draws from a century-old heritage of operational excellence, mission focus, and successful execution underpinned by a strong culture of safety and ethics. Headquartered in Germantown, Md., Amentum employs more than 50,000 people on all seven continents.
Amentum is supporting the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) in providing specialized training, advisory and mentoring services to host nations under the Criminal Division’s International Criminal Investigative Training and Assistance Program (ICITAP). https://www.justice.gov/criminal-icitap. ICITAP is a cornerstone of America’s global strategy for combating transnational crime, terrorism, countering trafficking in persons, establishing rule of law and enhancing human rights in developing countries. Amentum is the contract service provider to the DOJ ICITAP and Overseas Prosecutorial Development, Assistance and Training (OPDAT) programs.
Please Note: This is an Independent Contractor position with Amentum, it should not be considered an employment relationship with Amentum.
PAE is currently seeking a qualified candidate to serve as the advisor to the Somali Police Force (SPF) Training and Planning Directorate in Mogadishu, Somalia. The SA is responsible for implementing program objectives, increasing law enforcement training and planning capacity by developing subject matter expertise, promoting global best practices, long term sustainability and interagency coordination among other international stakeholders.
Job Duties And Responsibilities
- Provide subject matter expertise and advises the development, training and sustainment of SPF senior leadership, while embedded full-time with the training and planning directorate.
- Provide leadership with practical instruction in law enforcement organizational management and reform, as well as capacity building.
- Coordinate with the CTAT/CTID advisors regarding all short- and long-term training and event planning through advisement with the T&P directorate team.
- Work with to develop and/or improve data dissemination procedures and communication links.
- Serve as the primary coordinator between all ICITAP/CTAT advisors assigned to the CTID and other associated SPF units that require SPF HQ collaboration and/or intervention, and liaison to the U.S. Embassy CT/A to ensure efforts are meeting programmatic objectives and deliverables.
- Work with the training and planning directorate staff to develop long term planning, training strategies that fall under the SPF set priorities and SOP’s, provide advisement to implement global best practices along with staff management, administration and operational support capabilities.
- Possess a working knowledge of monitoring and evaluation processes and standards of performance measurements in maintaining appropriate milestone in accordance with the stated IAA.
Required Skills And Qualifications
- Education: Graduate of a certified federal, state or municipal police academy. Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or equivalent professional qualifications and experience. Graduate or Certification in a recognized Instructor Development Course with experience in classroom and practical exercise instruction preferred.
- Minimum Requirements: Twenty years of experience assigned to an accredited federal, state or municipal law enforcement agency as a sworn law enforcement officer or agent. Ten years of experience working and investigating counterterrorism-based matters or working as a program manager on counterterrorism capacity building USG programs.
- Knowledge and Additional Experience: Overseas experience working in remote and austere environmentsExperience planning and developing police training or planning foreign training assistance involving a police-related capacity building programThorough understanding of the function and structure of a modern police organizationExperience working independently and without directionProficient in Microsoft 365 or equivalent
- Familiarity with the conduct of operations working in and around an embassy or consulate
- Respective country equivalent of overseas safety and survival training
- Experience as an instructor, trainer, or advisor on criminal justice programs
- Program and supervisory management experience
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Vacancy Type: Internship
Job Location: Mogadishu, Banaadir, Somalia
Application Deadline: N/A