This listing is about Amey in Manchester, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Fresh Challenge, new opportunity
Amey Consulting’s Highways teams impact the journeys of millions across the UK, by working in partnership with a range of clients and providing consultancy design services for Strategic and Local Highway networks.
Our teams work on both major design projects and local network improvements and undertake services on national to local frameworks; including those with Highways England Area 10,13 and 14 to the A66 dualling programme and the Midlands Highways Alliance (MHA).
We are passionate about the highways projects that we design and take pride in seeing our towns and cities thrive by improving connectivity, journey times and quality of life.
We are looking to recruit a Highway Design Team Leader to lead an additional team within the Area 10 Design Services Contract. You will work as a Senior engineer within the Highways and Designated Funds Design team and alongside our client, Highways England, providing effective support and assistance to the Highways and Designated Funds Manager. In this role you will oversee multiple highways schemes at any one time and have line management responsibility for a team of 3-4 highways designers.
We work collaboratively with Highways England in a shared office space in Birchwood, creating innovative solutions to complex highways design problems. We have a friendly team of 45+ staff in our Warrington office, which offers free onsite parking or is a short walk from the nearest train station. We work flexibly around our core hours of 10-3 with tailored home/office working possible post Covid.
As a Highway Design Team Leader at Amey Consulting, you’ll see your schemes progress from early design to Construction, with every project being different from the last. You’ll feel inspired to challenge yourself, as well as your colleagues. You’ll have the opportunity to thrive and we’ll help you shape your career whether through further qualification, learning new skills or whatever else you need to achieve your ambitions.
In a typical week you will:
- Drive effective health and safety practices within your Design Team
- Work with the Principal Designer and Discipline Manager(s) to lead designs within a discipline
- Liaise with the Client and our Community partners to ensure solutions that are developed are suitable for buildability and maintainability
- Ensure all aspects of the design are communicated between disciplines
- Ensure compliance with all relevant technical standards
- Work with the Programme Delivery Manager to ensure schemes are delivery to the programme and within the agreed budgets
- Develop, and provide guidance to, less experienced staff
- Check or approve designs, design reports and other technical documents
- Check or approve design calculations
- Provide commercial information to the Design Manager and Commercial Manager for Work Package pricing
- Ensure innovation and best practice is highlighted and adopted where practicable
We want to hear from you if:
- You have a Bachelors or Masters degree in an appropriate subject
- You are able to demonstrate developed experience and expertise within the relevant technical field, probably gained in a Civil Engineer role or equivalent
- You are able to demonstrate an ability to produce or oversee the production of technically sound engineering solutions, complying with all relevant technical standards and client requirements with the experience to check and approve documents
- You are experienced in undertaking project related tasks associated with health, safety and welfare, e.g. Construction (Design and Management) Regulations Technical report writings skills and associated knowledge
- You are experienced in the application of technical governance procedures within a consulting engineering environment
- You have knowledge of technical governance procedures and how they are applied within a consulting engineering environment
- You have the ability to lead design on schemes with support from Graduates and Assistant Engineers
- You have the ability to solve problems in collaboration with clients and other stakeholders
- Experience of mentoring and/or coaching less experienced staff
Our rewards make us better people here at Amey Consulting. If you’re happy, you’ll think better. It’s a simple formula but one that puts your wellbeing as a top priority, that’s why we’ve worked hard to build a reward and benefits program that puts you first, including;
- Competitive salary
- Exceptional development and progression plan
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
- Amey Rewards Portal including healthcare, dental and childcare vouchers
Your Career at Amey Consulting
At Amey Consulting, we value collective expertise, but also the spark one person can bring. As one of us, you can really be yourself, because your individuality is an asset. You’ll be surrounded by people who want you to thrive and embrace new challenges; and we’ll give you the flexibility to work in a way that suits you.
You’ll be stretched, but always supported. Well recognise your hard work and look after your well-being too. You’ll be empowered to play your part and achieve, encouraged to fulfil your own ambition as well as the shared one.
Job Location: Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com