Website University of Guelph
This job listing is about University of Guelph in Guelph, Ontario, Canada 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
Temporary, full-time position (from October 2022 to October 2023) – Guelph, ON
Computing and Communications Services (CCS) is the central IT department at the University of Guelph, providing core IT services and technology solutions to the U of G community. With a progressive organizational culture, and a strong learning and development focus, CCS is an exceptional place for an Analyst III – IT Business Analyst – Project Manager whose experiences demonstrate diversity and adaptability within larger business environments.
Reporting to the Manager, PMO and Business Operations, you will be supported by our Program Management Office and assist in business analysis and project management activities, utilizing industry standards such as IIBA BABOK, PMI Guide to Business Analysis, PMI PMBOK, and AGILE to lead us in various initiatives.
Your primary focus will be to engage in business analysis activities in order to implement the following solutions: Student Information Systems Refresh Project, specifically Student Awards Management System, implementation of Technolutions (Slate), Convocation and Grade Submission. While these, along with other Student and Registrarial Services facing system enhancements, will be your main focus, you will also provide backup for the SIS Refresh Project Manager, as required.
To be considered for the position of Analyst III – IT Business Analyst – Project Manager, you must have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent, and a minimum of five (5) years’ work experience in an IT service delivery organization, with a minimum of three (3) years of proven Business Analysis and some Project Management functions.
As the preferred candidate, you will also bring the following:
- Previous experience in a higher education institution
- Experience with student information systems and other student systems
- Experience leveraging appropriate business analysis tools to align requirements and designs, and effectively manage changes
- Experience engaging the required stakeholders to conduct effective requirements traceability
- Experience in soliciting recommendations from others to conduct effective requirements traceability
- Ability to adapt verbal and non-verbal communication style to the needs of the situation and the individual
- Ability to apply insight and business acumen when connecting concepts as they relate to different aspects of the organization
- Proven execution of business analysis principles in business requirements gathering and current/future state documentation
- Experience developing proof of concept use cases and documentation for assessing solution viability
- Ability to provide alternative options for solutions
- Familiarity with both waterfall and agile framework processes for project management
- Advanced critical thinking and decision-making skills to provide potential solutions at various levels of complexity
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong relationships with clients
- Superior communication skills with experience facilitating requirements workshops, and making presentations and reports to project stakeholders
- Excellent customer service, client and vendor relationship, consultation and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated leadership and highly developed skills in collaboration, communication and time management
- Understanding of the complexities that are present when coordinating the efforts of a large client base and a diverse group of stakeholders
- Solid understanding of projects covering large enterprise-wide initiatives
- Demonstrated experience in using Microsoft Azure DevOps for (agile) work management
One or more of the following industry certifications would be considered an asset:
- Certified Business Analysis Practitioner (CBAP)
- Certification of Competency in Business Analysis (CCBA)
- PMI-PBA (Professional in Business Analysis)
- PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
The University of Guelph provides a flexible work arrangement. Please visit https://www.uoguelph.ca/hr/staff-faculty-hr-policies-all-employees/520-flexible-work-arrangements-%28non-academic-staff%29 for more information.
The University of Guelph (www.uoguelph.ca) is one of Canada’s leading research-intensive comprehensive institutions, with a record of outstanding scholarship in the arts, humanities, social sciences, life sciences, physical and engineering sciences, agriculture and veterinary sciences. This is your chance to join us in our endeavour to improve life.
To view a detailed posting for the position of Analyst III – IT Business Analyst – Project Manager, please go to our website at www.uoguelph.ca/hr/careers. Applications, quoting Hiring #2022-0683, must be sent to: [email protected].
At the University of Guelph, fostering a culture of inclusion is an institutional imperative. The University invites and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including from groups that are traditionally underrepresented in employment, who may contribute to further diversification of our Institution.
Company: University of Guelph
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A