Website Fortescue Metals Group
This job listing is about Fortescue Metals Group in Perth, Western Australia, Australia 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
Fortescue has an exciting future ahead. As well as producing over 180 million tonnes of iron ore per year, we’re diversifying our business to become an integrated global green energy and resources company.
Apprenticeship – Heavy Fabrication
Work Location: Across various sites
Roster: 7D7N14R, FIFO ex Perth, Busselton, Karratha and Hedland
At Fortescue Metals Group, we are committed to providing long-term employment opportunities for West Australians and advancing our employees to achieve their career goals.
Building on our already diverse employment and training opportunities, we are pleased to announce the next Apprenticeship intake of Heavy Fabricators.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience and training as an Apprentice Heavy Fabricator with one of the biggest Iron Ore producers. You will be equipped with the skills and knowledge needed to succeed in the trade and be part of the Fortescue Family. Upon completing your Apprenticeship, you will attain a Certificate III in Engineering – Fabrication Trade.
- 4 years Apprenticeship offered on a fly-in-fly-out (FIFO) basis
- Formal on-the-job training at one of Fortescue’s operational sites
- Formal off-the-job training at Fortescue’s Trade Training Centre (Cloudbreak Mine Site)
- Completion of nationally recognised Certificate III in Engineering – Fabrication Trade
- Opportunity for permanent employment in your trade at the completion of Apprenticeship
- Experience gained with one of Australia’s largest employers
- Remuneration is above the award rate and will reflect the working roster, work requirements, and training component of the program
- Must have a passion for the understanding and workings of mechanical equipment along with;
- Enjoying technical work
- Comfortable working in a physical and challenging environment
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Practical ability and an eye for detail
- Willingness to learn
- The ability to work in remote locations on a 7d7n14r FIFO roster
- Strong emphasis on Safety
- Must be team-orientated and focused
- Completed Year 10 with satisfactory grades in Maths and English
- Completion of an Engineering Pre-Apprenticeship (Certificate II Engineering) is desirable however is not essential
Our team members are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work. Candidates from all backgrounds and ages are encouraged to apply, including First Nations People, women, those who identify as LGBTIQ+, people with differing abilities and those with neurodiverse, intersectional, or multiple diverse characteristics.
Fortescue reserves the right to close applications early should a suitable pool of candidates be identified
Company: Fortescue Metals Group
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A