This listing is about Arcadis in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
At Arcadis we focus on attracting, retaining and developing people who share our passion and commitment to improve quality of life. In return we offer you the opportunity to transform your world and the world around you, that could be through client work, upskilling yourself, championing equality and inclusion or getting involved in charity work, to name just a few. Our people value different perspectives, they care about the sustainability of our planet and dare to shape the future.
One of our core values is ‘people first’, and supported by our Lovinklaan foundation, we invest in you for the long term, to ensure you reach your full potential. You’ll have the opportunity to own your career and work on industry-defining projects, finding solutions to real challenges that make a difference to people’s lives. You’re encouraged to have a growth mindset and are given the space to develop personally and professionally, building a flexible career that works for you.
Our Ecology team of nearly 60 people have more than 30 years of experience undertaking ecological surveys and assessments, as well as the provision of advice on soil, land use, hydrological and sustainable drainage issues, arboriculture, ecosystem service, natural capital assessment, biodiversity strategies and metrics and cultural heritage. During this time, we have undertaken over 2,000 projects covering a wide range of environmental disciplines throughout the UK, in Europe and beyond, for public and private clients.
We are proud holders of CIEEM’s large consultancy of the year and are also shortlisted for this year’s award. We are looking for an Ecological Clerk of Works to join our team, who is passionate about making a bigger impact, not only in the ecology sector, but also by working collaboratively with our Water team to help improve the quality of life of those around us.
As an Ecological Clerk of Works (ECoW) you will provide advice on ecological and environmental areas during the construction of development phases of mainly water projects. Typical issues include protected species, pollution, surface water management, material management, air quality and noise. You will be working on a range of different projects, including public projects focusing on river and reservoir improvement works including eel passages.
The work will be across Wales, you will have the support of the Welsh Ecology team and from the national team where required. This is a permanent position that while initially is ECoW focussed has the opportunity to develop and expand towards the successful candidates career aspirations.
- Conducting ecological and habitat surveys, producing reports with recommendations for mitigation and site survey records.
- Providing continued site checks mainly in Wales for notable and protected species prior to clearance and destructive searches.
- Monitoring sites and providing advice to the site construction teams regarding ecological constraints and mitigation solutions
- Ensuring compliance with relevant legislation, planning conditions and associated documents (e.g. Construction Environment Management Plan – CEMP) and to help reduce risks and delays
- Being a key point of contact for client and stakeholder relationship, working closely with staff from several disciplines, notably Ecologists, Hydrologists, Planners and Engineers, to provide an integrated ECoW service.
- Having a good understanding of wider of Environmental Clerk of Work (EnvCoW) complex issues and the ability to liaise with other specialists to raise issues and provide solutions.
Qualifications & Experience-
- Experienced as an Ecological Clerk of Works (ECow).
- Protected species and sensitive habitat implementation of mitigation experience.
- Supervising contractors and ensuring compliance with protected species licence requirements and environmental protection measures.
- Full Member of CIEEM or equivalent.
- Desired- CSCS Card holder – training can be supplied if required.
- Desired- Ecological or Environmental Clerk of Work membership or accreditation.
Why Become an Arcadian?
Our work with clients has a direct impact on people’s lives and on the planet. We make moving, living and belonging in cities safer, more resilient and more sustainable. By partnering with our clients as responsible custodians of our earth’s resources, we can create a sustainable planet.
We continue to think of new ways to make positive impacts and create better experiences for people; data driven and digital solutions have become part of the Arcadis DNA. Working together with clients and using techniques like design thinking, we can get to the heart of our clients’ most pressing challenges and work together to solve them.
As a global business, we have committed to support five of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals to ensure that our projects contribute to a better and more sustainable future for all. But it’s not just the work that we do on client projects that benefits communities and our planet. As a global business, we are committed to making a positive impact to society by supporting local communities where we operate.
To help protect our planet, we monitor and measure non-financial information to inform business decisions and reduce our own environmental impact as part of our commitment to be net zero carbon as a global company by 2030.
Our Commitment to Equality, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging-
We want you to be able to bring your best self to work every day which is why we take equality and inclusion seriously and hold ourselves to account for our actions. Our ambition is to be an employer of choice and provide a great place to work for all our people. We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams- Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.
Transform Your World
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org