This listing is about Arcadis in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
At Arcadis we focus on attracting, retaining and developing people who share our passion and commitment to improve quality of life. In return we offer you the opportunity to transform your world and the world around you, that could be through client work, upskilling yourself, championing equality and inclusion or getting involved in charity work, to name just a few. Our people value different perspectives, they care about the sustainability of our planet and dare to shape the future.
One of our core values is ‘people first’, and supported by our Lovinklaan foundation, we invest in you for the long term, to ensure you reach your full potential. You’ll have the opportunity to own your career and work on industry-defining projects, finding solutions to real challenges that make a difference to people’s lives. You’re encouraged to have a growth mindset and are given the space to develop personally and professionally, building a flexible career that works for you.
Based in the UK, we have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Consultant with a background in water management to join our Technical Advisory team.
You will be a key member of the Technical Advisory team, helping grow the business, mentor junior staff and deliver excellence for our clients. Your work will focus on providing technical and strategic advice direct to major public and private sector clients on topics including the management of flood and coastal risk, sustainable drainage and surface water management, water resources and quality, water-related climate change adaptation and mitigation. This can include delivery of specific projects or the development of new procedures and strategies to maximise our clients’ performance and meet changing regulatory requirements and communities’ needs.
You will collaborate closely with Arcadis’ engineers, environmentalists, change and programme managers, digital experts and clients’ own advisors to shape your advice and sustainable solutions and inform their own work.
- Overseeing the delivery of projects on time, meeting both quality and budgetary targets, whilst striving to exceed client expectations.
- Providing technical advice on appraisal, benefits realisation and six capitals approaches for water related programmes and projects
- Helping develop marketing and capability material and leading or playing a key role in pursuit opportunities and tender responses
- Being flexible in your approach and ability to work effectively across sectors and industries as part of a team or individually, leading small-medium sized projects or sub-projects.
- Encouraging innovative and entrepreneurial thinking among team members and colleagues
- Guiding the development of the team through technical advice and mentoring, and supporting their professional development programmes.
Qualifications & Experience-
- Experience of working in the water sector from an industry, regulatory or consultancy background – candidates with a wider background will also be considered
- A good strategic thinker, comfortable with dealing with ambiguity, with experience in developing and/or delivering strategies and strategic planning, policy or similar initiatives
- The confidence and flexibility to thrive in structured and unstructured work environments, as a member of a team or individually with minimal supervision
- Good knowledge of project delivery and asset management
- Proven track record of successfully delivering projects or initiatives
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with clients, colleagues and team members – building and maintaining productive relationships
- Experience with change programmes and wider business transformation would be advantageous
- A willingness to work in client co-located offices and teams (including virtually)
- A degree in a relevant subject
- Chartered status or progress towards achieving it with an appropriate professional institution
- Full membership of an appropriate professional institution
Why Become an Arcadian?
Our work with clients has a direct impact on people’s lives and on the planet. We make moving, living and belonging in cities safer, more resilient and more sustainable. By partnering with our clients as responsible custodians of our earth’s resources, we can create a sustainable planet.
We continue to think of new ways to make positive impacts and create better experiences for people; data driven and digital solutions have become part of the Arcadis DNA. Working together with clients and using techniques like design thinking, we can get to the heart of our clients’ most pressing challenges and work together to solve them.
As a global business, we have committed to support five of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals to ensure that our projects contribute to a better and more sustainable future for all. But it’s not just the work that we do on client projects that benefits communities and our planet. As a global business, we are committed to making a positive impact to society by supporting local communities where we operate.
To help protect our planet, we monitor and measure non-financial information to inform business decisions and reduce our own environmental impact as part of our commitment to be net zero carbon as a global company by 2030.
Our Commitment to Equality, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging-
We want you to be able to bring your best self to work every day which is why we take equality and inclusion seriously and hold ourselves to account for our actions. Our ambition is to be an employer of choice and provide a great place to work for all our people. We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams- Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.
Transform Your World
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org