This listing is about Arcadis in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
At Arcadis we focus on attracting, retaining and developing people who share our passion and commitment to improve quality of life. In return we offer you the opportunity to transform your world and the world around you, that could be through client work, upskilling yourself, championing equality and inclusion or getting involved in charity work, to name just a few. Our people value different perspectives, they care about the sustainability of our planet and dare to shape the future.
One of our core values is ‘people first’, and supported by our Lovinklaan foundation, we invest in you for the long term, to ensure you reach your full potential. You’ll have the opportunity to own your career and work on industry-defining projects, finding solutions to real challenges that make a difference to people’s lives. You’re encouraged to have a growth mindset and are given the space to develop personally and professionally, building a flexible career that works for you.
We are now looking to recruit high caliber Senior
, with UK rail experience, to be engaged upon a portfolio of Rail Infrastructure projects
- Implement Network Rail or London Underground applicable standards to telecoms systems and procedures, to maintain a cost effective, high quality, safe and environmentally responsible approach to Telecoms design, construction, commissioning and other technical activities on relevant projects, compliant with all relevant legislation.
- Undertake site surveys, condition assessment of existing assess.
- Undertake design packages in collaboration with other engineers, CAD technician.
- Undertake design check ensuring compliant to standards and code of practices.
- Supporting Contractor Responsible Engineers delivering to quality, time and budget
- Identify and share best practice across the various project teams.
Qualifications & Experience-
- Fully conversant with GRIP process, Railway Group Standards, Network Rail and or London Underground Company Standards and CDM Regulations
- A good understanding of Network Rail and or London Underground Telecoms assets and project lifecycle on multidiscipline railway projects
- Technically competent to undertake engineering design, managing inter disciplinary interfaces and ability to adapt to quick changes in design.
- A good knowledge of following systems subsystem with proven track records of system design through technically complex, varied and successful project.
- Trackside equipment
- Copper and fibre cabling
- Immunisation against EMI
- Lineside Telephones and Concentrator System
- Fixed Telecommunications Network (FTN and FTNx)
- Multiprotocol Label Switching Networks (MPLS)
- Radio systems in UK Rail operations (GSM-R primarily)
- Station and Building network infrastructure –
- Structured Cabling infrastructure – Copper and fibre optic
- Internet Protocol Closed Circuit Television (IP-CCTV) Systems
- EN54 Public Address and Voice Alarm Systems
- Integrated Station / Building Management Systems (ISMS, IBMS)
- Customer Information Systems (CIS)
- IP based Access Control Systems
- Multi-mode Intruder Detection Systems
- Wireless Network Architecture
- UPS System
- Experience in the use of Computer Aided Design Packages (Micro Station).
- Strong collaborative behaviours to interface with internal and external stakeholders / clients
- Willing to travel and work at various locations within the UK, which may include unsocial hours on an occasional basis.
Why Become an Arcadian?
Our work with clients has a direct impact on people’s lives and on the planet. We make moving, living and belonging in cities safer, more resilient and more sustainable. By partnering with our clients as responsible custodians of our earth’s resources, we can create a sustainable planet.
We continue to think of new ways to make positive impacts and create better experiences for people; data driven and digital solutions have become part of the Arcadis DNA. Working together with clients and using techniques like design thinking, we can get to the heart of our clients’ most pressing challenges and work together to solve them.
As a global business, we have committed to support five of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals to ensure that our projects contribute to a better and more sustainable future for all. But it’s not just the work that we do on client projects that benefits communities and our planet. As a global business, we are committed to making a positive impact to society by supporting local communities where we operate.
To help protect our planet, we monitor and measure non-financial information to inform business decisions and reduce our own environmental impact as part of our commitment to be net zero carbon as a global company by 2030.
Our Commitment to Equality, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging-
We want you to be able to bring your best self to work every day which is why we take equality and inclusion seriously and hold ourselves to account for our actions. Our ambition is to be an employer of choice and provide a great place to work for all our people. We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams- Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.
Transform Your World
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org