This listing is about Arcadis in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
At Arcadis we focus on attracting, retaining and developing people who share our passion and commitment to improve quality of life. In return we offer you the opportunity to transform your world and the world around you, that could be through client work, upskilling yourself, championing equality and inclusion or getting involved in charity work, to name just a few. Our people value different perspectives, they care about the sustainability of our planet and dare to shape the future.
One of our core values is ‘people first’, and supported by our Lovinklaan foundation, we invest in you for the long term, to ensure you reach your full potential. You’ll have the opportunity to own your career and work on industry-defining projects, finding solutions to real challenges that make a difference to people’s lives. You’re encouraged to have a growth mindset and are given the space to develop personally and professionally, building a flexible career that works for you.
As a Senior Resource Planner at Arcadis, you will play an instrumental part to ensure we have the ‘right people at the right time in the right place’ in order to deliver short- and long-term business plans and strategy.
Reporting into the Resource Manager, you will work with other Resource Planners and the wider SWP stakeholder group to deliver resource deployment service to the business, which could include the Buildings, Infrastructure, Water, Energy or Environmental sector in accordance with the needs of our clients, the business, and our people.
We will provide training to become the subject matter expert on our new Resource Planning tool (Oracle) and support your business unit to ensure all resource allocations are accurate and the BU is maximising the resource management approach and the use of Oracle.
- Stakeholder management- Foster collaborative relationships with key stakeholders (including BD’s, Resource Planners, PM’s, Account Leads, Strategic Pursuits Team, HR, Finance and TA) in the business to build an understanding of business need in the short and longer term.
- Reporting & Data Insight- Publish regular set metrics, reporting consistently and providing valuable insight to SRPs, bringing data to life to support resourcing decisions.
- Resource Optimisation- Work with Resource Officers to provide timely matching of resource requests via Resource Planning Toolkit (RPT). Keep resource assignments up to date via Project Managers. Advise on skills available and time lags to obtain them. Work with GEC to ensure a One Resource Planning approach.
- One Team- Work together and support team members to succeed in role.
- Liaise and maintain relationships with all relevant stakeholders across business line
- Be a trusted advisor for the resource management and development of future resource capability
- Line manage and develop Resource Planners
- Work closely with peers in HR, L&D, Recruitment, Finance and Operations to ensure seamless and joined up end to end service to the business
- Proactively engage in resource demand profiling for new client wins and support bid submissions under the ‘Pursuit to Win’ framework
- Conduct CV reviews with individuals to support their career aspirations
- Support and mentor new/junior members of the team
- Undertake project work as required by the SWP Director
Qualifications & Experience-
- Demonstrates determination, resourcefulness, and purpose to deliver best results for the business
- Experience of managing conflict resolution
- Uses information, insights, sound judgement and knowledge in a structured way to identify options and make robust resourcing decisions
- Proactively researches best practice and trends and makes recommendations for improvements to policies and processe
- Prior experience in resource management and workforce planning
- Strong stakeholder management skills with a keen eye for detail and high level of data accuracy
- A blend of people, data and operational skill sets
- Experience of mentoring/developing junior staff
Why Become an Arcadian?
Our work with clients has a direct impact on people’s lives and on the planet. We make moving, living and belonging in cities safer, more resilient and more sustainable. By partnering with our clients as responsible custodians of our earth’s resources, we can create a sustainable planet.
We continue to think of new ways to make positive impacts and create better experiences for people; data driven and digital solutions have become part of the Arcadis DNA. Working together with clients and using techniques like design thinking, we can get to the heart of our clients’ most pressing challenges and work together to solve them.
As a global business, we have committed to support five of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals to ensure that our projects contribute to a better and more sustainable future for all. But it’s not just the work that we do on client projects that benefits communities and our planet. As a global business, we are committed to making a positive impact to society by supporting local communities where we operate.
To help protect our planet, we monitor and measure non-financial information to inform business decisions and reduce our own environmental impact as part of our commitment to be net zero carbon as a global company by 2030.
Our Commitment to Equality, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging-
We want you to be able to bring your best self to work every day which is why we take equality and inclusion seriously and hold ourselves to account for our actions. Our ambition is to be an employer of choice and provide a great place to work for all our people. We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams- Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.
Transform Your World
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org