This listing is about Arcadis in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
At Arcadis we focus on attracting, retaining and developing people who share our passion and commitment to improve quality of life. In return we offer you the opportunity to transform your world and the world around you, that could be through client work, upskilling yourself, championing equality and inclusion or getting involved in charity work, to name just a few. Our people value different perspectives, they care about the sustainability of our planet and dare to shape the future.
One of our core values is ‘people first’, and supported by our Lovinklaan foundation, we invest in you for the long term, to ensure you reach your full potential. You’ll have the opportunity to own your career and work on industry-defining projects, finding solutions to real challenges that make a difference to people’s lives. You’re encouraged to have a growth mindset and are given the space to develop personally and professionally, building a flexible career that works for you.
If you are looking to move into an exciting Environmental focused growth-sector then this opportunity might be for you. Join our Cost & Commercial Management team where you will take ownership of a range projects, on cost management assignments, ensuring standards of delivery meet defined objectives You will be working as part of a team alongside Project and Senior level Cost Consultants to manage and deliver the projects, liaising with external contractors and consultants on a project basis while reporting to clients and stakeholders.
As a Commercial Manager you will be working as part of a team alongside colleagues to manage and deliver projects, liaise with external contractors and consultants on a project basis, and report to clients and stakeholders.
You and the team will be responsible for utilising resource to deliver projects within cost, time and quality standards, and will have significant technical knowledge and experience in their field.
- Supporting the NEC Project Manager to administer the post contract administration of NEC contracts, including assessment of contractual change and payments.
- Support suppliers in providing accurate and validated information for Project Cost and Financial Forecasts
- Commercial support, advice, and guidance through all gateways to minimise cost and scope changes throughout the project life cycle
- Provide contract support, advice, and guidance
- Procurement support
- Close out of final accounts for projects varying in value from £100k to £15m
- Participation in risk and value management/meetings as required for the projects
Qualifications & Experience-
- In-depth technical knowledge of specialised field, including construction processes and cost and commercial management in a consultancy setting
- Good NEC Contract experience
- Possess the skills and experience to actively support the internal team and manage more junior staff on projects typically ranging between £100k and £15m.
- Demonstration of self-management and prioritisation skills with the ability to work under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to influence stakeholders and third parties
- Pre and Post Contract experience
- Capable of taking a project through from inception to completion
- Excellent understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite and in particular Excel
Why Become an Arcadian?
Our work with clients has a direct impact on people’s lives and on the planet. We make moving, living and belonging in cities safer, more resilient and more sustainable. By partnering with our clients as responsible custodians of our earth’s resources, we can create a sustainable planet.
We continue to think of new ways to make positive impacts and create better experiences for people; data driven and digital solutions have become part of the Arcadis DNA. Working together with clients and using techniques like design thinking, we can get to the heart of our clients’ most pressing challenges and work together to solve them.
As a global business, we have committed to support five of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals to ensure that our projects contribute to a better and more sustainable future for all. But it’s not just the work that we do on client projects that benefits communities and our planet. As a global business, we are committed to making a positive impact to society by supporting local communities where we operate.
To help protect our planet, we monitor and measure non-financial information to inform business decisions and reduce our own environmental impact as part of our commitment to be net zero carbon as a global company by 2030.
Our Commitment to Equality, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging-
We want you to be able to bring your best self to work every day which is why we take equality and inclusion seriously and hold ourselves to account for our actions. Our ambition is to be an employer of choice and provide a great place to work for all our people. We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams- Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.
Transform Your World
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com