This listing is about Arcadis in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
At Arcadis we focus on attracting, retaining and developing people who share our passion and commitment to improve quality of life. In return we offer you the opportunity to transform your world and the world around you, that could be through client work, upskilling yourself, championing equality and inclusion or getting involved in charity work, to name just a few. Our people value different perspectives, they care about the sustainability of our planet and dare to shape the future.
One of our core values is ‘people first’, and supported by our Lovinklaan foundation, we invest in you for the long term, to ensure you reach your full potential. You’ll have the opportunity to own your career and work on industry-defining projects, finding solutions to real challenges that make a difference to people’s lives. You’re encouraged to have a growth mindset and are given the space to develop personally and professionally, building a flexible career that works for you.
The ideal candidate should have a good working knowledge of infrastructure projects and in particular highways. Alongside this, a working knowledge of the NEC suite of contracts, particularly the ECC is desirable. Duties will encompass the project lifecycle including preliminary design assessment, procurement, contract administration and post contract delivery.
- To provide competent and professional project and programme management services in the delivery of our commissions across several key projects.
- To engage with and provide support to our senior project managers to ensure appropriate information is provided on project delivery issues.
- To manage and deliver programmes of work to meet defined objectives.
- To deliver distinct elements of projects or contribute to the delivery of overall programmes of work.
- Deliver and assist the management of projects or programmes of work, ensuring appropriate use of resources to deliver the required scope of work within set deadlines.
- Contribute to a range of professional assignments and monitor in order to support the delivery of projects to time and quality standards.
- Work within established financial systems and clear project objectives to produce plans, schedules and track budgets, highlighting variances in order to manage and control project delivery targets.
- Liaise with all external and internal stakeholders to enable the projects to progress without delay, ensuring that all reasonable requests are met in a timely efficient manner.
- Work with clients and our team, support the preparation of tender and contract documents and procurement processes.
- Interface with the programme manager, project managers and planners to deliver professional and competent advice and support, to ensure that the projects are managed in accordance with the contract and meet the required reporting deadlines.
- Assist in managing a programme of current workload in order that all commissions receive the relevant allocation of resource to deliver them efficiently.
- Assist the Senior PM in assessing contractor proposals, making recommendations, raising certificates, and preparing general correspondence as part of NEC project manager duties.
- Follow contract risk management and processes to support the project manager, client and wider project team in necessary change and commercial aspects of project delivery.
- Help to identify and secure further work opportunities for Arcadis.
- Take responsibility for internal management of projects including quality, fee and health and safety matters.
Qualifications & Experience-
- Bachelor/Master’s degree qualified in civil engineering or other relevant business discipline.
- Working towards a relevant professional certification or have chartered (CEng) status.
- Member of a recognised professional institution, such as ICE or CIHT.
- Proven track record delivering highway related projects.
- Experience in administering multi-disciplinary construction project work packages / contracts utilising forms of contract, typically from the NEC suite.
- Comfortable communicating with all levels of management, clients and stakeholders.
- Have analytical skills to make informed, balanced business decisions and reporting findings back to clients, colleagues and stakeholders.
Why Become an Arcadian?
Our work with clients has a direct impact on people’s lives and on the planet. We make moving, living and belonging in cities safer, more resilient and more sustainable. By partnering with our clients as responsible custodians of our earth’s resources, we can create a sustainable planet.
We continue to think of new ways to make positive impacts and create better experiences for people; data driven and digital solutions have become part of the Arcadis DNA. Working together with clients and using techniques like design thinking, we can get to the heart of our clients’ most pressing challenges and work together to solve them.
As a global business, we have committed to support five of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals to ensure that our projects contribute to a better and more sustainable future for all. But it’s not just the work that we do on client projects that benefits communities and our planet. As a global business, we are committed to making a positive impact to society by supporting local communities where we operate.
To help protect our planet, we monitor and measure non-financial information to inform business decisions and reduce our own environmental impact as part of our commitment to be net zero carbon as a global company by 2030.
Our Commitment to Equality, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging-
We want you to be able to bring your best self to work every day which is why we take equality and inclusion seriously and hold ourselves to account for our actions. Our ambition is to be an employer of choice and provide a great place to work for all our people. We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams- Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.
Transform Your World
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com