This listing is about Arcadis in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
At Arcadis we focus on attracting, retaining and developing people who share our passion and commitment to improve quality of life. In return we offer you the opportunity to transform your world and the world around you, that could be through client work, upskilling yourself, championing equality and inclusion or getting involved in charity work, to name just a few. Our people value different perspectives, they care about the sustainability of our planet and dare to shape the future.
One of our core values is ‘people first’, and supported by our Lovinklaan foundation, we invest in you for the long term, to ensure you reach your full potential. You’ll have the opportunity to own your career and work on industry-defining projects, finding solutions to real challenges that make a difference to people’s lives. You’re encouraged to have a growth mindset and are given the space to develop personally and professionally, building a flexible career that works for you.
As a Senior Ecologist, you would be joining our team of over 50 ecologists with more than 30 years of experience undertaking ecological surveys and assessments, as well as the provision of advice on soil, land use, hydrological and sustainable drainage issues, arboriculture, ecosystem service, natural capital assessment, biodiversity strategies and metrics and cultural heritage. During this time, we have undertaken over 2,000 projects covering a wide range of environmental disciplines throughout the UK, in Europe and beyond, for public and private clients.
Presently, we are engaged on a variety of large and interesting projects, including Urban and Greenfield Residential Development, Highway and Rail Schemes, Power Stations, Electrical and Gas Infrastructure, and are working for a wide selection of clients based throughout the UK, including EDF Energy, National Grid, the Environment Agency, Transport for London, Highways England, Network Rail, the Canal and River Trust, and Housing Associations. We are also involved in international work via Environmental, Social and Health Impact Assessments and our natural capital community of practice.
Reporting to the Team Leader, you will be accountable for the coordination and completion of assigned tasks and projects within the Business Unit or project team. You will be responsible for leading and managing the delivery of small projects to meet time, budgetary and Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (SHEQ) targets, managing the ecological aspects of the client relationship so that delivery exceeds client expectations. You will take a leadership role on small to medium sized projects, providing both direction and technical advice and leading by example.
We will ensure that we offer personal development which will allow you to progress your career and offer you the opportunity to be mentored by industry-recognised Technical Leaders in their field, who will lend you their experience and ensure that the training you receive will give you the best possible chance of success.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to-
- Manage small to medium sized projects (including budgets and cashflow), attend meetings, provide advice to clients and manage bid production
- Undertake ecological surveys
- Oversee and undertake the analysis of results of field surveys
- Manage and/or undertake Preliminary Ecological Appraisals (PEAs) write and/or assist with ecological impact assessments (EIAs), biodiversity strategies and other documents
- Provide advice on ecological issues, both at an appropriate level within own area of expertise but also on a broad range of issues
- Compile licence applications, including developing mitigation and monitoring
- Undertake/supervise mitigation and monitoring of licensed work and liaise with statutory authorities
- Provide training to small groups internally and externally including toolbox talks
- Contribute to the development of best practice with respect to training and survey standards, as appropriate
Qualifications & Experience-
- Proven commercial and project management skills for small to medium projects
- Knowledge of ecological principles, relevant environmental and EcIA legislation, policy and guidance
- In-depth knowledge of particular plant or animal groups and appropriate field survey skills
- Experienced in categorising and assessing habitats from the plant communities present
- Excellent reporting skills, with a proven track record in writing Preliminary Ecological Appraisals (PEAs), writing or assisting on Biodiversity Net Gain assessments, Ecological Impact Assessments (EcIAs) and Ecology Chapters for Environmental Statements
- Basic experience in writing or assisting with project and/or plan-level Habitats Regulations Assessments (HRA)
- Have experience of bid production and client interaction
- Ability to lead surveys and manage small survey teams
- Takes responsibility for ensuring own adherence to biosecurity and health and safety protocols and that of others
- You will hold a relevant degree, ideally with a further education qualification
- Full member of CIEEM.
- Excellent communicator
- The ability to travel when necessary
- Desired- hold survey and/or mitigation/conservation licences
- Desired- experience of managing personnel and/or sub-contractors
Why Become an Arcadian?
Our work with clients has a direct impact on people’s lives and on the planet. We make moving, living and belonging in cities safer, more resilient and more sustainable. By partnering with our clients as responsible custodians of our earth’s resources, we can create a sustainable planet.
We continue to think of new ways to make positive impacts and create better experiences for people; data driven and digital solutions have become part of the Arcadis DNA. Working together with clients and using techniques like design thinking, we can get to the heart of our clients’ most pressing challenges and work together to solve them.
As a global business, we have committed to support five of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals to ensure that our projects contribute to a better and more sustainable future for all. But it’s not just the work that we do on client projects that benefits communities and our planet. As a global business, we are committed to making a positive impact to society by supporting local communities where we operate.
To help protect our planet, we monitor and measure non-financial information to inform business decisions and reduce our own environmental impact as part of our commitment to be net zero carbon as a global company by 2030.
Our Commitment to Equality, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging-
We want you to be able to bring your best self to work every day which is why we take equality and inclusion seriously and hold ourselves to account for our actions. Our ambition is to be an employer of choice and provide a great place to work for all our people. We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams- Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.
Transform Your World
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com