This listing is about Arcadis in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
We are recruiting for a Principal Highways Engineer to join our Highways Business based in Warrington or Leeds.
At Arcadis we focus on attracting, retaining and developing people who share our passion and commitment to improve quality of life. In return we offer you the opportunity to transform your world and the world around you, that could be through client work, upskilling yourself, championing equality and inclusion or getting involved in charity work, to name just a few. Our people value different perspectives, they care about the sustainability of our planet and dare to shape the future.
One of our core values is ‘people first’, and supported by our Lovinklaan foundation, we invest in you for the long term, to ensure you reach your full potential. You’ll have the opportunity to own your career and work on industry-defining projects, finding solutions to real challenges that make a difference to people’s lives. You’re encouraged to have a growth mindset and are given the space to develop personally and professionally, building a flexible career that works for you.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Principal Engineer to join our Highways Design & Engineering team based in our Leeds and Warrington offices. The roles will combine hands on highways design, project management, client liaison and line management. The successful applicants would support and/or lead the delivery of projects to meet budgets, time-frame and quality targets, meeting or exceeding client expectations. To be considered, we are seeking candidates with the following credentials-
- Project experience in highway design
- Detailed highway alignment design
- AutoCAD skills are essential with Civil3D (or similar) and/or MX capability
- Highway Drainage network design
- Sustainable drainage systems (SuDS)
- S38 and S278 Highways design, negotiation and technical approval
- Cut/Fill assessments and earthworks volumes
- Utility coordination, networks and strategies
- Good skills with MS packages including excel and Word
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in a client facing position
- Ability to think in an innovative and entrepreneurial manner
- A strong team-working ethic is essential
Duties And Responsibilities-
Reporting to a senior manager you will be required to manage and deliver projects to meet budget, time-frame and quality targets, meeting or exceeding client expectations. You will be responsible for highways engineers, technicians and apprentices on projects. You will assist with the development of the teams’ skills in the UK and in our Global Excellence Centres.
You will need to quickly develop a sound understanding of the wider Arcadis business Principles and champion integration and collaboration. You will also be responsible for promoting and marketing all facets of Arcadis’ services during interfaces with clients and other sectors / disciplines, contribute towards the achievement of the divisional business plan and build networks within the industry.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to-
- Performing and managing required activities associated with highway design projects (including design and build) in line with client and Arcadis specifications, national standards and codes of practice.
- Project duties will include preparation of design solutions at various stages of a project; preparation of drawings, reports, specifications and estimates; document management, attendance at meetings and checking the work of other team members to ensure accuracy.
- Project management duties will include co-ordination of a wide range of discipline inputs; monitoring and protecting our client relationships; planning and programming; commercial management; and presenting projects for audit.
- Maintaining on-going communication with relevant Project Leaders/Senior Managers, and clients when required, to ensure effective communications on matters relevant to the project
- Contributing to the resolution of technical issues on projects and providing technical guidance to other team members, such as technicians, junior engineers and apprentices.
- Working in collaboration with other design disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design – interfaces with disciplines such as structural engineering, street lighting, geotechnical engineering, urban design & landscape architecture and technology.
- Promoting and developing the technical capability of other team members
- Support the Technical Director with recruitment required to grow the team in the UK and overseas.
- Support the Technical Director with business development through contribution to and management of bids.
- Gaining awareness of, and familiarity with, the commercial aspects of projects to develop commercial skills
- Developing innovative and entrepreneurial thinking and behaviour
- Building a profile in the industry and keeping up-to-date with innovations and developments
- Being familiar with, and compliant with, relevant H & S regulations and to promote a culture of awareness within the team
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time by your line managers, project managers or by the Arcadis business.
Why Become an Arcadian?
Our work with clients has a direct impact on people’s lives and on the planet. We make moving, living and belonging in cities safer, more resilient and more sustainable. By partnering with our clients as responsible custodians of our earth’s resources, we can create a sustainable planet.
We continue to think of new ways to make positive impacts and create better experiences for people; data driven and digital solutions have become part of the Arcadis DNA. Working together with clients and using techniques like design thinking, we can get to the heart of our clients’ most pressing challenges and work together to solve them.
As a global business, we have committed to support five of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals to ensure that our projects contribute to a better and more sustainable future for all. But it’s not just the work that we do on client projects that benefits communities and our planet. As a global business, we are committed to making a positive impact to society by supporting local communities where we operate.
To help protect our planet, we monitor and measure non-financial information to inform business decisions and reduce our own environmental impact as part of our commitment to be net zero carbon as a global company by 2030.
Our Commitment to Equality, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging-
We want you to be able to bring your best self to work every day which is why we take equality and inclusion seriously and hold ourselves to account for our actions. Our ambition is to be an employer of choice and provide a great place to work for all our people. We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams- Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.
Transform Your World
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com