Website State of Delaware
This job listing is about State of Delaware in Shuwaikh Administration, Al Asimah, Kuwait 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
This position is responsible for developing, implementing, and managing statewide animal and poultry health programs and serves as the State Veterinarian in his/her absence. Performs disease investigations and necropsies to determine cause of illness or death so that appropriate control measures may be taken. Works closely with the Divisions of Public Health and Fish & Wildlife on cross-agency disease issues, and oversees and develops policy for reports of livestock welfare violations. Works with emergency response personnel on poultry and livestock foreign animal disease incidents.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Enforces compliance with State and Federal codes dealing with contagious diseases and health certification.
- Performs necropsies to determine cause of death and diagnose diseases.
- Ensures completion of field inspections, diagnostic tests, laboratory procedures, and reports to ensure goals/objectives are met.
- Determines need for and enforces quarantines of a premise, region, county or the state to protect human and animal health.
- Advises animal owners, livestock dealers and producers of proper sanitation and disease control methods.
- Reviews, evaluates and analyzes existing, proposed and newly enacted animal health regulations and advises supervisor on feasibility of implementation and impact on current policies, procedures, regulations, programs and operations.
- Reviews and evaluates operations and establishes newevised policies, procedures and methods of operation to ensure uniform interpretation and accurate application of regulations, instructions, standards and specifications.
- Represents the State before public and private groups and individuals on a state, regional, national and international level.
- Develops reports containing medical and technical information.
- Prepares and presents lectures and demonstrations.
- Plans, directs, reviews and evaluates the work of subordinates including contractuals.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Assistant Veterinarian Medical Officer
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Possession of an active Delaware Veterinarian license OR Possession of an active Veterinarian license in another jurisdiction (state, the District of Columbia or U.S. territory).
- Six months experience in practicing veterinarian medicine which includes diagnosing and controlling diseases.
- Six months experience in interpreting laws, rules, regulations, standards, policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge of program administration such as overseeing and directing the development, implementation and evaluation of programs and services; planning and establishing short and long range program goals and objectives. Providing advice to other agency organizational units through consultation.
- Knowledge of using epidemiological methods to identify, study and control the incidence and distribution of communicable, chronic or environmental diseases or other public health problems.
- Knowledge of staff supervision acquired through course work, academic training, training provided through an employer, or performing as a lead worker overseeing the work of others; OR supervising staff which may include planning, assigning, reviewing, and evaluating the work of others; OR supervising through subordinate supervisors a group of professional, technical, and clerical employees.
Additional Posting Information
The State of Delaware recognizes the value of telework and flexible working schedules. This position is eligible for Alternative Work Schedules according to the State of Delaware’s Alternative Work Arrangement Policy . More information will be shared at the time of interview.
Conditions of Hire
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. The State of Delaware Executive Branch participates in the Federal E-Verify system where the State will provide the federal government with each new hires Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information refer to our job seeker resources.
As a condition of hire, if the applicant does not possess an active Delaware Veterinarian License, the applicant must agree as a requirement of employment to obtain an active Delaware Veterinarian License within 90 days of employment.
To learn more about the comprehensive benefit package please visit our website at https://dhr.delaware.gov/benefits/
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at StateJobs.Delaware.gov .
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance.
The State of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity employer and values a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage and seek out a workforce representative of Delaware including race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Company: State of Delaware
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Shuwaikh Administration, Al Asimah, Kuwait
Application Deadline: N/A