Website IFC International Finance Corporation
This job listing is about IFC International Finance Corporation in Dakar, Dakar Region, Senegal 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
Job #: req20221 Organization: IFC Sector: Investment Grade: GF Term Duration: 3 years 0 months Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment Location: Dakar,Senegal Required Language(s): English, French Preferred Language(s): Closing Date: 12/11/2022 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2022, IFC committed a record $32.8 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of global compounding crises. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
The Sub-Saharan Africa Infrastructure unit is an open and dynamic team which delivers financial and technical support to clients in the power, transport, telecoms, municipal & environmental infrastructure, and natural resources sectors, from IFC’s own Balance Sheet and through mobilization of other capital. The department also seeks to maintain IFC, as part of the World Bank Group, at the cutting-edge of helping member countries find solutions to new and emerging infrastructure and natural resources issues.
IFC’s Infrastructure department is looking to hire an Associate Investment Officer to join IFC’s infrastructure investment team covering primarily West and Central Africa. The selected candidate will be based in Dakar, Senegal and will be an integral part of the investment team working across the business cycle (business development, “upstream”, new investments, and portfolio), but with a focus on business development, processing and managing IFC’s investments throughout the life of IFC’s investments. French and English are essential for this position.
Duties and Accountabilities:
The role and responsibilities of the position will include but not be limited to:
- Develop a thorough understanding of the infrastructure sector in Africa and help develop strong relationships with key local counterparts in the private and public sector as well as development partners.
- Help develop a strong pipeline of good quality investment opportunities through anticipating market trends and employing sector/country knowledge.
- Assess the attractiveness of specific investment opportunities with a strong focus on credit quality, viability and development impact and contribute to recommendations to IFC’s management.
- Evaluate, structure, negotiate, and close new transactions as part of deal teams.
- Participate in negotiations as appropriate, use financial competences and personal influencing skills to overcome impasses.
- Work closely with IFC’s specialists to manage environmental, social, technical, legal, insurance, corporate governance, and other risks in projects and champion IFC’s sustainability offerings to clients.
- Engage with clients to understand their business directions and challenges that may lead to new opportunities, and support the design of client engagement plans, as applicable.
- Master’s degree or equivalent professional qualification in Business, Finance, Economics, or another relevant field.
- 4 to 6 years of experience in finance with a proven track-record in areas of sourcing, structuring and closing investments and/or supervising loan and equity exposures including working on restructurings, modifications and negotiated exits.
- Strong financial and credit skills; demonstrated ability to structure a variety of financial instruments (debt and equity).
- Demonstrated knowledge of the various infrastructure core sectors (power, transportation, utilities, telecoms, natural resources), industry trends and opportunities.
- Regional knowledge of countries and understanding of infrastructure challenges faced by countries within the sub-region and understanding of local issues.
- Business development and client relationship skills, track record and ability to focus on client’s needs effectively.
- Ability to interact directly with potential clients, and financial and technical partners.
- Strong inter-personal skills, ability to interact effectively with clients and colleagues from various cultural backgrounds.
- Genuine commitment to sustainable development and to highest ethical standards.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills in English and French.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.
Company: IFC International Finance Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dakar, Dakar Region, Senegal
Application Deadline: N/A