This listing is about Assystem in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Job Title: Senior Engineer – Balance of Plant
Assystem are an Award-Winning International Engineering Design Consultancy who provide innovative and cutting-edge solutions. We have several UK based offices and a significant, loyal client base. As our reputation for proficient delivery of complex projects grows stronger, we have a requirement for a Senior Engineer to join the Small Modular Reactor (SMR) team to lead the design of the Fire Protection System.
Reporting to the Balance of Plant Lead, the Engineer shall support in the delivery of the Balance of Plant within SMR. The Engineer shall lead in the development of the fire protection system to meet the Small Modular Reactor development programme. This cutting-edge programme is changing the way nuclear power is delivered with new innovative technologies and processes being used to delivery energy that is cheaper, safer, and more predictable.
- You will be the system lead for the fire protection system working under the Island lead. This will involve owning your delegated scope and delivering the required engineering output e.g., Report, specifications, and drawings.
- Support multi-attribute scoring of alternative options to support engineering decision making to determine optimum system design.
- Deliver the design work to meet the programme requirements. This will involve working as part of a design team to support delivery of packages of work to meet time, cost, and quality requirements.
- Work with the other SMR Island engineering functions and engineering disciplines to deliver an integrated multi-disciplinary system design.
- Support in the development and refinement of requirements using a system engineering approach based on the overall project requirements.
- Attend and input to presentation of designs to stakeholders as well as supporting other technical reviews (HAZOPs, HAZIDs, Optioneering meetings, etc).
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A