This listing is about Atkins in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Principal Structural Engineer – Building Structures, Warrington Office
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin, is one of the world’s leading multi-disciplinary consultancy firms offering unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career. Atkins’ Infrastructure business is looking for a flexible Structural Engineer to support our Cities and Development, Energy and Defence clients around the UK in a range of exciting and unique design and construction projects.
The Infrastructure business provides multidisciplinary engineering services and integrated solutions across a wide range of building and infrastructure projects, leading the way in innovation, design transformation and digital engineering. Drawing upon a diverse skill set and with a proven track record of delivery we are playing a leading role in challenging and exciting engineering projects. We pride ourselves in offering a truly multi-disciplinary working environment and bring exciting opportunities to influence a project from beginning to end. This position will form part of our national Building Design Practice with all the opportunities for collaboration that this brings, but with a specific focus on structural engineering within our key markets.
We are seeking a Senior Structural Engineer with demonstrable technical experience. The role will be based in our Warrington office.
You will ideally be a Chartered Civil/Structural Engineer with a proven track record of successful delivery of design projects from concept to completion. Credibility, competence and technical excellence are a given as the role requires close working with our internal and external clients, industry stakeholders and other consultants to develop robust design solutions through collaborative and proactive management of client demands.
Our Warrington office provides multidisciplinary design and engineering services and integrated solutions across a wide range of sectors on local, national, and international projects. Drawing upon a diverse skill set and a proven track record of delivery we are playing a vital role in some of the world’s most complex and exciting engineering projects. These include Education, Commercial, Airports, Defence, Energy, Civil Infrastructure, Residential and Rail sectors. This role offers a challenging and rewarding opportunity to apply knowledge, experience, and problem-solving skills to develop our business.
Key Experience Required
- Degree-qualified Civil/Structural Engineer
- Chartered Civil/Structural Engineer
- Proven post graduate design experience in structural engineering building projects
- Detailed working knowledge of design codes and standards relating to structural engineering such as Eurocodes
- Proven track record in design delivery with specific experience of; steel, reinforced concrete, masonry, and timber designs from concept to detailed delivery, foundation design and structural analysis, construction delivery
- Detailed working knowledge and experience of 2D & 3D analytical packages such as, but not limited to, Robot, Tekla and Tedds
- Knowledge of construction implementation with proven site experience and an understanding of buildability
- Knowledge of NEC3 and NEC4 Contracts and the roles defined therein is desirable.
- Proven track record in delivering technically excellent design projects on time, to budget and to the required levels of quality.
- Sound commercial understanding of the consultancy business
- Good communicator (written, verbal & presentations)
- A natural curiosity for developing innovative and cost-effective solutions for our clients
- Ability to develop, motivate and mentor our growing team
- Proven record of developing client relationships and winning new consultancy work
- Ability to achieve SC clearance
- Driving Licence (desirable)
- Technical and commercial responsibility for structural engineering design delivery
- Production of calculations, drawings, and design documentation
- Management and technical development of our capabilities and our organisation’s individual Engineers and Technicians to attain industry recognised Professional qualifications
- Client and stakeholder interfacing
What We Offer
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements. As part of this commitment, we understand the need for a diverse and flexible workforce, where a work-life balance is important. So, by default Atkins offers flexible working, where there is no fixed 9 ‘till 5, no need for a 5-day week, no requirement for a full-time contract, and no requirement to spend all your working time in the office. Our IT systems support home-working, so where you have parental or carer duties; or you simply need to be elsewhere for a parcel, servicing your car, or waiting in for a tradesperson; Atkins will work for you. Similarly, Atkins’ corporate social responsibility provides the opportunity to give something back to the community, and we run professional networks supporting groups such as local schools, charities, parents, those coming out of the armed-forces and women in engineering.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process.
Rewards And Benefits
We offer a competitive salary that is regularly tested against other consultants with a default 25-days leave each year plus bank holidays and options to buy some or sell of that leave.
To support and safeguard your physical and mental wellbeing we provide an employee assistance programme offering advice and support in times of need.You will also have access to our Flexible Benefits, where you can opt in to a wide range of benefits to complement your work/life balance: such as medical insurance, gym membership, the cycle-to-work scheme, child care vouchers, charitable giving, additional pension contributions etc.
Please refer to our website for details of our full benefits package . https://yourrewarduk.snclavalin.com/
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community – a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com