This listing is about Atkins in Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
About the job
Atkins are looking to appoint a Technical Director to provide technical leadership for our Building Services teams across North of England and Scotland and contributing towards our drive for innovation as part of the national Building Design Practice. This role will form part of the Building Services senior leadership team and will see you working alongside our teams of talented Building Services engineering professionals delivering some of the most exciting multi-disciplinary engineering projects across sectors including Cities & Development, Education, Energy and Transportation.
This opportunity is to be based on either our Glasgow, Leeds or Warrington office – flexible working supported and encouraged.
At Atkins, part of the SNC-Lavalin Group, our ambition is to be the world’s leading experts in the creation, development, design and delivery of high-performance buildings. We work for clients in the UK and internationally providing multi-disciplinary building design services for new build, retrofit and repurposing projects. Our work has considerable breadth and diversity in both scale and sector expertise including commercial, residential, government, education, healthcare, transportation, defence, nuclear, renewables, logistics, data centres, industrial and manufacturing, Our reputation is for innovation and our drive to meet today’s most pressing challenges – from construction productivity and predictability to achieving the highest environmental standards and social purpose.
Part of our mission is to help lead the industry in achieving New Zero as rapidly as possible. Our global cross-sector experience and broad heritage of engineering excellence puts us in a unique position to address the challenge and identify the opportunities in pursuit of Net Zero.
- Own technical responsibility and operational accountability for defining process on building services projects across the UK and internationally.
- Providing technical building services support to clients in a wide range of areas.
- Knowledgeable of UK Government policy and other industry initiatives that relate to sustainable developments.
- Represent the company as a Subject Matter Expert on building services matters.
- Generate good working relationships with internal and external clients and develop a client relationship management strategy.
- Take responsibility for key client management for specific clients.
- Provide management, motivation, inspiration and technical leadership for the Building Design teams engaged on projects.
- Develop and mentor other members of the Atkins Building Services national practice.
- Chartered Building Services, Electrical or Mechanical Engineer.
- Understanding of the digital requirements that will aid the evolution of our design teams.
- Up to speed with the latest developments within the building services specialism –including Net Zero Carbon, Energy Masterplanning and De-centralised Energy.
- Ability to influence senior management and peers within the industry and positively challenge decisions and processes.
- Significant experience in the concepts/theories/practicalities of building services design and compliance requirements.
- Extensive project experience, necessitating high levels of technical competence with a strong focus and track record of the delivery of Sustainable designs and processes.
- Customer focused with a high level of relationship management skills.
What we offer?
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements. As part of this commitment, we understand the need for a diverse and flexible workforce, where a work-life balance is important. So, by default Atkins offers flexible working, where there is no fixed 9 ‘till 5, no need for a 5-day week, no requirement for a full-time contract, and no requirement to spend all your working time in the office.
Rewards And Benefits
We offer a competitive salary that is regularly tested against other consultants with a default 25-days leave each year plus bank holidays and options to buy some or sell of that leave. Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Please refer to our website for details of our full benefits package.
Atkins is committed to developing its people both personally and professionally. Our colleagues have the advantage of access to a high ranging training portfolio and development activities designed to help make the best of individual’s abilities and talents. We also actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community – a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Job Location: Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org