This listing is about Atkins in Oxford, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Preferred locations: Birmingham, Bristol, Derby, Oxford, Peterborough
Other potential locations: Glasgow and Warrington
We are seeking an experienced practitioner with a passion for fish passage solutions and an ability to convert that passion into effective, progressive and sustainable designs. You would work as part of our Sustainable River Management (SRM) team which designs and supports the implementation of natural flood management, river restoration, nature-based, and formal, fish passage, wetland development and mitigation for infrastructure development. We have delivered a great range of, award winning, projects across the country in this topic area for a whole variety of clients but are looking for a person, at a Principal level within the business, to lead on the development of a team to support our increasing portfolio of projects around fish passage. The team is close-knit and technically progressive. If you are looking to deliver interesting and significant projects, really influence environmental outcomes, and work within a collaborative culture of wellbeing, innovation and inclusivity, this is the place for you.
- To lead in the development and design of fish passage and fish easement solutions
- To support in the other key work themes in the SRM team including natural flood management, river restoration and mitigation for infrastructure development
- To build lasting and durable strategic partnerships with clients
- To engage stakeholders in the design and construction of fish passage solutions – including landowners, regulators and project partners
- Facilitate consensus in design across a range of organisations
- To work collaboratively with internal and external partners in the evolution and delivery of fish passage solutions and associated projects
- To drive thought leadership, technical best practice and knowledge sharing; and to be a role model, inspiring and supporting early careers colleagues.
- Industry leading experience in the design and implementation of fish passage solutions
- Experience at delivering a variety of fish pass designs (both formal and nature-based solutions) through the National Fish Pass Panel
- Confident and influential in engaging with clients, regulatory bodies and professional institutions, demonstrating experience of building effective networks
- Deep understanding client needs and a track record of leading and winning work and growing service lines
- Comprehensive understanding of current best practice in fish passage solutions
- An appetite for innovating and progressing fish passage design and delivery
- A flexible, ‘hands-on’, proactive and collaborative approach to your work
- An effective communicator, face to face and in writing
- A strong collaborator, able to co-operate and challenge
- Chartered with an appropriate professional body, eg ICE or CIWEM
What We Offer
Atkins is committed to promoting Equality, Diversity and Inclusion. We have a commitment to identify and recruit from the most diverse talent pool and develop new and improved ways to sponsor talent from underrepresented groups. We have a range of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion network groups encouraging an inclusive workplace where all employees can flourish, including Embrace (supporting minority ethnicities), Enable (supporting visible and invisible disabilities) Equilibrium (for LGBT+ colleagues), Menopause at Work, Neurodiversity (for variations in learning, attention and other mental functions), ParentNet, and Empower (providing professional support by and for women).
Here at Atkins, well-being is at the forefront of everything we do. We recognise that there is more to life than work and that making time for the other things is crucial for health and happiness. Therefore, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish times will help with this, we are more than happy to discuss individual requirements (and to keep these requirements flexible going forward). We utilise a paid overtime and TOIL system, which also helps individuals to make time for the things that are important to them and prevents staff burn out during the busy season. Our IT systems support homeworking, so where you have parental or carer duties; or you simply need to be elsewhere for a parcel, servicing your car, or waiting in for a tradesperson; Atkins will work for you. Similarly, Atkins’ corporate social responsibility provides the opportunity to give something back to the community, and we run professional networks supporting groups such as local schools, charities, parents, those coming out of the armed-forces and women in engineering.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. Development plans are reviewed with individuals throughout the year putting you in the driving seat. You will also be part of our global Technical Networks, which provide a flow of technically orientated information and ideas through the company. Atkins will support you in your professional development, whether with ICE, CIWEM, CIEEM, IEMA, CIWEM or others. We support staff in achieving and maintaining membership of relevant institutions, this includes paying your annual membership and providing access to training.
Rewards And Benefits
We offer a competitive salary that is regularly tested against other consultants with a default 25-days leave each year plus bank holidays and options to buy or sell some of that leave. To support and safeguard your physical and mental wellbeing we provide an employee assistance programme offering advice and support in times of need. Our offices run their own sports and social club providing activities such wine tasting, as surf trips, and a kids’ Christmas party. You will also have access to our Flexible Benefits, where you can opt into a wide range of benefits to complement your work/life balance: such as medical insurance, gym membership, the cycle-to-work scheme, childcare vouchers, charitable giving, additional pension contributions etc.
Please refer to our website for details of our full benefits package. https://yourrewarduk.snclavalin.com/
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements. ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.”
Job Location: Oxford, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com