This listing is about Atkins in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Bring the new vision of nuclear to reality.
Are you ready to take up a vital role in shaping some of our exciting projects? How about joining our talented team, where everyone has a voice, and together we face our clients’ problems head-on. It’s a diverse and inclusive work environment where world-class talent knows no distinctions.
We know that different people have different priorities, which is why we’re here to support you. Flexible and remote working is a central part of our culture. So, talk to us about what’s ideal for you – from reduced weeks to buying more leave over school holidays. And if you’re returning from a career break, ask us how we can help you transition back into work with us.
Read more about how you can thrive with us.
You’ll be responsible for the design, optioneering, analysis and assessment of HVAC and Mechanical Process systems, which can be stand-alone technical tasks or part of large multi-disciplinary projects.
Within the Nuclear and Power, Power New Build group, we are looking Mechanical or Process engineers with HVAC experience to support the work we are doing across the nuclear sector, from Hinkley Point C and Sizewell C to fusion and science and industry applications. We are looking for engineers at all levels; from a few years’ experience to senior or principal engineers.
What you can bring?
- You have experience of being involved in large scale engineering or construction projects, delivering to time, cost, quality and safety, particularly in the detailed design and construction phases.
- You are an effective communicator and are able to integrate quickly into diverse multi-disciplinary teams.
- You have a ‘can-do’ approach, are keen to learn, can turn your hand to new challenges and are not afraid to ask questions.
You are able to demonstrate the following key attributes-
- Experience in the the design, commissioning or review of large scale, industrial Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) systems (e.g., for nuclear or industry applications).
- In the absence of direct HVAC experience, you have an in-depth knowledge of comparable component parts (heat exchangers, compressors, chillers, blowers).
- A degree in a related engineering-based discipline (e.g., mechanical/ process /building services/ EC&I).
- Strong communication and people skills.
- An interest in the nuclear sector/market/ clients.
You may also demonstrate a selection of the following desirable requirements-
- Direct, relevant Nuclear sector experience.
- Experience of site-based operations, construction or commissioning.
- Review and acceptance of HVAC equipment – heat exchangers, compressors, chillers, blowers (factory acceptance tests, site acceptance tests).
- The ability to speak French would be an added bonus.
Why work for Atkins?
The UK is the first major economy to legislate for a Net Zero target by 2050. To achieve this, our Energy Teams are ensuring a mix of secure and sustainable energies that can meet our industry and lifestyle demands today, and in 30 years’ time. We help to power our world through exciting new technologies and intelligent cybersecurity systems on projects that vary greatly in size, scope, and scale. So, you’ll be creating the right safe and resilient systems across nuclear power, renewables, decarbonisation development, new builds and energy efficiency.
We value your diversity and believe that everyone deserves to thrive – no exceptions. You’ll be part of a culture committed to finding new talent from underrepresented groups. We’re Disability Confident, an Inclusive Employer, and support STEM Returners. We also want to see more women in senior roles at Atkins. In the energy sector, we’ve signed up to the AXIS Pledge, promising to make equal pay, equal leadership, and equal opportunities a reality.
Read more about our Vision for Women.
Meeting Your Needs
When you start with us, you’ll enjoy “Total Reward,” a package that can be tailored to your lifestyle, career and personal needs. From flexible holidays to life assurance, health & wellbeing benefits, and career planning for the senior stage of your career.
Making sure you’re supported is important to us. So, if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let’s talk about any adjustments you might need.
Read more about ‘Total Reward’.
More About Us
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading global consultancy with over 80 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you’ll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge and support to help you succeed. Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world.
Check out some of our recent, most exciting projects.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community – a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com