This listing is about Atkins in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Atkins are looking to recruit innovative architects and designers to be part of our Architectural Team – based in Warrington.
We are looking to recruit a Qualified Architect to work across a variety of the sectors where Atkins specialise – including: Education, Commercial, Energy and Transportation sectors.
We are ATKINS: Architecture, Master planning, and Interior Design. We are a top 10 UK based global design Practice whose reputation is built on a culture of open collaboration, creating, and delivering excellence in all we do. Our diverse, highly skilled, passionate designers are unified with a belief – good design can positively transform people’s lives.
Our expertise ranges across all key sectors and aspects of the built environment. We are recognised leaders in the creation and delivery of environments, buildings and places that are good for people and improve our environment.
We have over 90 architectural staff across our offices with a particular expertise in Education, Commercial, Energy, Defence and Residential. Architectural staff include Architects, Architectural technologists, Interior Designers, Landscape Architects and Building Surveying professionals with a balance team mix of graduates through to senior professionals and directors. People are the heart of our success and supporting, training, and mentoring our staff is paramount to Atkins remaining at the forefront of design and innovation.
- Taking ownership of individual schemes from inception through to completion.
- Client facing responsibilities.
- Working within, or leading single and full multi-disciplinary design teams.
- Assisting and developing the client brief, producing creative and feasible design options for projects within various sectors.
- Working with or leading other disciplines and producing RIBA work-stage reports.
- Ensuring design responses are deliverable and meet the client brief whilst respecting the opportunities and constraints that each site affords.
- Communicating schemes in a mixed portfolio of media to clients, peers, and multiple disciplines as part of our review processes.
- Working as part of or leading a design team in the preparation of production information and working drawing packages in both traditional and Design and build projects across multi sectors.
- Security clearance and/or willingness to undertake security clearance checks to work on projects across all sectors is essential.
- Working on local, regional, national and international projects.
- Qualified Architect, ARB registered. RIBA registration desired.
- Architectural experience within sectors such as Education (Schools, FE and HE), Commercial, Defence and transportation.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering and managing projects on-site.
- Ability to deliver projects in a traditional and D&B contract environment; contract administration experience and/or awareness desirable.
- Passion for design and interest in developments within the Architecture industry.
- Proficiency in Revit is essential.
- Must be Adobe Suite proficient i.e. InDesign, Photoshop, and illustrator.
- Must have 3D modelling skills. Sketchup and Revit required.
- Experience of producing concept designs.
- Able to draw ‘free hand’ sketches and illustrate.
- Able to participate in design and technical review amongst your peers and multi-disciplinary environments.
Rewards And Benefits
We offer a competitive salary that is regularly tested against other consultants with a default 25-days leave each year plus bank holidays and options to buy some or sell of that leave. Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To support and safeguard your physical and mental wellbeing we provide an employee assistance programme offering advice and support in times of need. Our offices run their own sports and social clubs providing a wide range of activities. You will also have access to our Flexible Benefits, where you can opt in to a wide range of benefits to complement your work/life balance: such as medical insurance, gym membership, the cycle-to-work scheme, child care vouchers, charitable giving, additional pension contributions etc.
Please refer to our website for details of our full benefits package.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org