This listing is about Atkins in Manchester, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Atkins Building Design Practice are looking to appoint a Senior Sustainability / Building Physics Engineer to provide their expertise and design knowledge on a variety of high profile multi-disciplinary projects across the UK and abroad.
Although the role will be based in either our Warrington or Manchester offices, you will be very much part of a national practice of Building Design professionals delivering design solutions to clients across the UK. The Building Design practice work on projects across all of Atkins key sectors, including Aviation, Cities & Development, Education, Energy and Transportation.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced engineer to join an internationally renowned consultancy, affording the opportunity to work on large scale multidiscipline projects.
The individual will have the following attributes (but not limited to):
- Full technical responsibility and operational accountability for Building Physics output on projects across various sectors
- Contribute to the development of Atkins’ in-house digital design tools
- Technical Assurance of deliverables form the Building Performance Group and wider network of software users in Atkins
- Undertake building performance analysis including Part L compliance, overheating assessment (CIBSE TM59), BRUKL report, EPC, TM54 etc.
- Develop and engage supply chain to meet requirement for specialist input into projects
- Stay abreast of changes in legislation, regulations and guidance
- Stay abreast of developments in vendors’ software
- Well-rounded understanding of the principles of building physics, from concept design input, options comparisons and thermal modelling;
- In-depth understanding of thermal analysis, including peak plant sizing, annual energy analysis, lighting control, daylighting, natural ventilation.
- Accreditation as Low Carbon Consultant (design and DSM) and Energy Assessor (level 5) would be favourable;
- CIBSE Low Carbon Consultant – desirable
- Working knowledge of BREEAM
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
- Interested in developing design tools to enable more efficient and accurate production of project deliverables.
- Ability to undertake site inspections, covering thermal analysis inputs, including plant inspections and review of O&M manuals.
What We Offer
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements. As part of this commitment, we understand the need for a diverse and flexible workforce, where a work-life balance is important. So, by default Atkins offers flexible working, where there is no fixed 9 ‘till 5, no need for a 5-day week, no requirement for a full-time contract, and no requirement to spend all your working time in the office. Our IT systems support home-working, so where you have parental or career duties; or you simply need to be elsewhere for a parcel, servicing your car, or waiting in for a tradesperson; Atkins will work for you. Similarly, Atkins’ corporate social responsibility provides the opportunity to give something back to the community, and we run professional networks supporting groups such as local schools, charities, parents, those coming out of the armed-forces and women in engineering.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions .
Rewards And Benefits
We offer a competitive salary that is regularly tested against other consultants with a default 25-days leave each year plus bank holidays and options to buy some or sell of that leave.
To support and safeguard your physical and mental wellbeing we provide an employee assistance programme offering advice and support in times of need. Our offices run their own sports and social club providing activities such wine tasting, as surf trips, and a kids’ Christmas party. You will also have access to our Flexible Benefits, where you can opt in to a wide range of benefits to complement your work/life balance: such as medical insurance, gym membership, the cycle-to-work scheme, child care vouchers, charitable giving, additional pension contributions etc.
Please refer to our website for details of our full benefits package . https://yourrewarduk.snclavalin.com/
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements. ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Job Location: Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com