This listing is about Atkins in Whitehaven, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Working within our Energy business for our Nuclear Fuel Cycle Business Unit based in Whitehaven and Warrington, you will be in a unique position of being able to offer full concept through to detail design capability across some fantastic, inspirational projects. From our offices we are involved in developing innovative, practical solutions for our clients across the UK and further afield.
Within this role, you’ll be responsible for EC&I equipment specification, assessment and justification, and Front-End Engineering Design package generation. You will also lead small EC&I project design team(s), contribute to bids and liaise with clients, suppliers and contractors. Developing EC&I capability, growing the business and monitoring project cost, time control and reporting are also key elements of the role.
In addition to conducting a technical role, you will be assisting the EC&I department lead to manage the department’s staff and mentor and train colleagues to meet the high standards we expect.
Building and developing relationships is a key part of this role. You will be client focused, and have excellent communication, mentoring and stakeholder management skills.
You will have an aspiration to become chartered, have a relevant engineering degree or extensive relevant experience, and be able to demonstrate sound technical EC&I knowledge.
You will be able to demonstrate experience in some of the following areas:
- Assist in the production of Bid / Estimates
- Low Voltage Electrical Distribution Design
- Safety substantiation
- Working with Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) or Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
- Lightning protection
- Familiarity with Safety standards (IEC 61508, 61511, 61513, 13849)
- Appreciation of SIL categorisation/SIL Loop Calculation & safety lifecycle
- Appreciation of Availability, Reliability and Maintainability of a safety system.
- Appreciation of Fault trees, LOPA, FMEA
- HAZOP and HAZID study knowledge
- A working knowledge of BS7671 (Wiring Regs)
- Medium/High Voltage Electrical Distribution Design
- Understanding of ATEX and ability to use different equipment protection concepts
- Experience of COSER
- Experience of commissioning electrical/ Instrumentation and control systems
- Experience of maintaining electrical/ Instrumentation and control systems
- Security systems equipment
- Communications network design (Ethernet and field bus communications)
- Knowledge of Software development for process control
- Nuclear industry experience is an advantage however, we are principally looking for first class EC&I Engineers who have the capacity to learn and develop their skills for the nuclear industry.
This is an exciting time for Atkins, we are diversifying our portfolio to become a more global organisation, while also continuing to grow our Energy sector in the UK. There will be opportunities for international travel and applicants with a desire for non-UK based assignments will be welcomed.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career in engineering, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage participation in all forms of training and have an active programme of in-house as well as external training for all of our engineers.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment.
We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements
Job Location: Whitehaven, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com