This listing is about Atkins in Bristol, England, United Kingdom
About the job
JOIN Atkins, an SNC-Lavalin company, is an exciting innovative world-leader in engineering and design consultancy and construction; we have the breadth and depth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects. Following an exciting and very successful start to AMP7 in the Water Market, the Infrastructure division is currently seeking several Principal/Associate Process Engineers to become part of our expanding Biosolids team. The roles are can be based in any of our major offices, such as Birmingham, Derby, Bristol, Epsom, or Warrington
We have an extensive portfolio of UK, Overseas and Globally delivered projects, helping our clients address asset creation, process improvement and plant optimisation needs. Our locally focused teams incorporate expert electrical, ICA, process, mechanical and civil engineers who provide a multidisciplinary approach to solving our clients’ problems in innovating, creative, managing, building and investing in water and wastewater infrastructure. We specialize in all aspects of Biosolids and organic waste treatment, resource, and energy recovery. We continue to provide industry-leading process engineering right through the project lifecycle, with value added in particular during commissioning and optimization.
If you are passionate about water engineering and would like to grow your career prospects, working for a world-leader company in engineering, design consultancy and construction, we would like to hear from you. At Atkins we are committed to your career development and support you in achieving your professional ambitions.
Some Examples Could Include
We are looking to appoint one or two process engineers with a variety of biosolids and/or bioresources experiences.
- Technology evaluation
- Feasibility studies
- Optioneering for biosolids recovery
- Optioneering for bioresources recovery (from both biosolids and other organic wastes)
- Market assessments (valuation of biosolids)
- FEED design
- Experience of a range of technologies from Physical Thickening through to Thermal technologies (e.g. pyrolysis, gasification)
- Resource recovery technologies
- Development and implementation of new and emerging technologies and techniques
- Low carbon footprint designs, with a view to improving our clients’ system sustainability
- Ability to lead bids or design teams
- Project Management experience would be an advantage
- Flexibility to work at other locations in the UK or overseas for short durations
- DSEAR, HAZOP, Functional safety
- O&M of biosolids plants
- Commissioning or operational experience
NOTE: If you do not meet all the listed items below but believe you are suitable for the role then you will still be considered.
- Degree-qualified with a chemical / process engineering background with Chartered membership of a recognised professional institution
- Typically, 10+ years’ experience in the water and/or wastewater engineering sector
- A Blend of leadership and technical expertise with hands-on understanding of water and wastewater treatment technologies; previous design and/or commissioning experience
- A proven ability to manage and mentor teams and/or individuals and/or projects, potentially split across disciplines and locations.
- A developing external profile and reputation; a desire and willingness to raise the profile of oneself and the Company.
- Willingness to contribute to and develop our technical knowledge networks.
Responsibilities (will vary depending on project and client)
- Plant and process reviews, assessments, route-cause analysis, apply cutting-edge evaluation techniques
- Supporting plant operation, optimisation and troubleshooting
- Feasibility, outline and detailed process design, including mass, heat and energy balances, process flow diagrams, P&IDs, hydraulic design, design risk assessments, control philosophies, commissioning strategies, cost and programme estimations, plant and equipment specifications, supplier tender evaluation
- Working with and developing digital design tools such as water quality analysis, unit process sizing, process performance metrics, hydraulic calculations and other automated design tools
- Technical report writing at all stages of the project lifecycle
- Liaison with clients within the UK and worldwide.
- Support and/or lead bids, fee proposals or offers of service; development of activity schedules/work plans
- Understanding of HAZOP, DSEAR, CDM, WIMES, British and European Standards and other statutory, regulatory and non-regulatory provisions and guidance
- Development of standard and bespoke design solutions over the entire water industry spectrum,
- Meet and exceed quality, programme, budgetary and H&S requirements on projects
- Preparing technical papers and presentations for conferences, colleagues and clients
- Undertake research and development projects, manage sampling and analysis programmes as required
- Contributing to new innovative ideas/ making suggestions for innovation
- Opportunity to present your project work at company meetings or at conferences
Why work with us?
We value collaboration, innovation, safety and integrity. We provide industry-leading engineering services right through the project lifecycle. Our technical networks offer exciting and fantastic opportunities for you to grow your experience, expertise and reputation amongst your peers and beyond. Our broad range of projects, extensive range of opportunities and wide pool of expert people will help you and your career grow to suit your aspirations and desires. We genuinely care about our staff, we give all staff two volunteer days each year to use, we have internal recognition schemes such as #WOW awards, where anyone can nominate colleagues for rewards at all levels of the company.
We will help you to develop professionally and personally through a portfolio of training, mentoring schemes and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. Your development plan will be regularly reviewed through an on-going career development process. We actively support staff who seek to achieve membership or fellowship of relevant professional institutions that the membership fee is paid for.
Rewards And Benefits
We offer a comprehensive and competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with the role and your skills and experience. Please refer to our website for further details. Our teams work core hours although specific working hours can in the right circumstances be adjusted to suit the needs of the individual. Working locations, whilst needing to match the requirements of our work and our clients, can also be flexible if the need arises. If flexible working is essential or a preference for you, please let us know so we can discuss what possibilities may exist. We are proud of our flexible working environment empowering individuals to excel.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements
Job Location: Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org