This listing is about Atkins in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Are you an experienced EC&I Engineer with the skills to lead a whole EC&I group? Have you the ability to lead and deliver multiple projects simultaneously to high standards?
We need a personable engineer who wants to not only solve and deliver electrical, control and instrumentation engineering solutions to customers but also run one of our EC&I groups. You’ll enjoy working with others, helping to get the best performance out of your team, and always seeking to be forward thinking and going the extra mile to help us maintain our excellent performance.
Does this sound like you? In which case, we’d love you to apply for this role.
Working within our Nuclear fuel Cycle business, you will be in a unique position of being able help deliver some of our EC&I projects and are also responsible for the business operation of the EC&I group. From our office we are involved in developing innovative, practical solutions for our clients across the UK and further afield.
As EC&I Discipline Lead you will be in an operations facing role and will be responsible for the management of your EC&I team. The expectation is the discipline role will take 30-50% of your time with the remaining time being technically focused on helping deliver projects.
Some of the activities you will be expected to carry out as part of the discipline role are:
- Help drive the EC&I group towards the business targeted productivity targets.
- Assist the design manager to deliver accurate weekly productivity forecasts to help the overarching business function.
- Work with our framework managers to help understand the teams resource requirements.
- Responsible for the growth of the team in line with business and pipeline requirements.
- General oversight of the work carried out for the whole EC&I group.
- Maintain the SQEP matrix and technical competency forms for the EC&I group.
Building and developing relationships is a key part of this role. You will have excellent communication, mentoring and stakeholder management skills.
In Addition To Having Previously Managed Staff And Projects, You Will Also Be Able To Demonstrate Experience In a Number Of The Following Areas
You will be chartered, have a relevant engineering degree or extensive relevant experience, and be able to demonstrate sound technical EC&I knowledge and leadership experience.
- Lead / Assist in the production of Bid / Estimates
- Low Voltage Electrical Distribution Design
- Safety substantiation
- Safety Instrumented Systems, Programmable Logic Controllers
- Lightning protection
- Safety standards (IEC 61508, 61511, 61513), SIL categorisation & safety lifecycle
- Availability, Reliability and Maintainability
- Fault trees, FMEA, HAZOP knowledge
- Experience of managing teams at project level
- Project management skills
- Risk and quality management
- Experience of COSER
- Medium/High Voltage Electrical Distribution Design
You may also be able to demonstrate the below desirable requirements –
- A working knowledge of BS7671
- Experience of commissioning electrical and control systems
- Experience of maintaining electrical and control systems
- Security systems equipment
- Communications systems design (Ethernet and field bus communications)
- Knowledge of Software development for process control
- Nuclear industry experience is an advantage however, we are principally looking for first class EC&I Engineers who have the capacity to learn and develop their skills for the nuclear industry.
Additional Information And Benefits
- Travel to other company sites may be necessary. You should be willing to work flexibly and occasionally out of hours to accommodate project & client requirements.
- This is an exciting time for Atkins, we are diversifying our portfolio to become a more global organisation, while also continuing to grow our Energy sector in the UK. There will be opportunities for international travel and applicants with a desire for non-UK based assignments will be welcomed.
- Successful candidates will be required to undergo a security vetting process and offers of employment will be subject to relevant security clearance being granted.
- Flexible working options may be considered for this vacancy.
- Please refer to our website for full details of our benefits package, which includes the opportunity to purchase up to 15 days additional annual leave per year on top of our standard 25 days paid annual leave.
Why work for Atkins?
The UK is the first major economy to legislate for a Net Zero target by 2050. To achieve this, our Energy Teams are ensuring a mix of secure and sustainable energies that can meet our industry and lifestyle demands today, and in 30 years’ time. We help to power our world through exciting new technologies and intelligent cybersecurity systems on projects that vary greatly in size, scope, and scale. So, you’ll be creating the right safe and resilient systems across nuclear power, renewables, decarbonisation development, new builds and energy efficiency.
We value your diversity and believe that everyone deserves to thrive – no exceptions. You’ll be part of a culture committed to finding new talent from underrepresented groups. We’re Disability Confident, an Inclusive Employer, and support STEM Returners. We also want to see more women in senior roles at Atkins. In the energy sector, we’ve signed up to the AXIS Pledge, promising to make equal pay, equal leadership, and equal opportunities a reality.
Read more about our Vision for Women.
Meeting Your Needs
When you start with us, you’ll enjoy “Total Reward,” a package that can be tailored to your lifestyle, career and personal needs. From flexible holidays to life assurance, health & wellbeing benefits, and career planning for the senior stage of your career.
Making sure you’re supported is important to us. So, if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let’s talk about any adjustments you might need.
Read more about ‘Total Reward’.
More About Us
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading global consultancy with over 80 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you’ll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge and support to help you succeed. Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world.
Check out some of our recent, most exciting projects.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community – a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org