This listing is about Atkins in Bristol, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Clean Water Network Modellers/Engineers – All levels
Locations: Cardiff, Belfast, Bristol, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Epsom, Glasgow, Leeds, Manchester, Peterborough, Warrington.
Atkins is one of the leading names in the field of Water Networks and shaping the dialogue within the UK and internationally in how water networks can be effectively managed in the future. Due to continued growth in the workload of our successful Water business, we seek to recruit Clean Water Network Modellers/Engineers across our UK offices. Our teams work flexibly, and all of the UK offices listed under this vacancy are possible home offices for these opportunities. The successful candidates will join a team of engineers, modellers, GIS specialists and technicians and play a key role in delivering projects to a range of Clients including Water Companies, Local Authorities, developers with the potential to get involved with International projects.
The Clean Water Networks team resides within the Asset Planning & Solutions practice which carries out a range of projects related to water and wastewater, including the design of water supply networks and trunk mains, through to drainage network improvement schemes to relieve flooding and pollution problems to improve our environment. This typically involves undertaking feasibility studies/projects using computer modelling, analysis to support operational and environmental recommendations or other interventions. If you are an engineer who wants to develop your all-round skills and help find solutions for the management of water in the 21st century then a career in water networks at Atkins could be the place for you.
Experience/awareness of clean water network modelling within Synergee, InfoWorks, GIS packages such as ARC or MapInfo and civil engineering would be advantageous but not essential for the as full on the job training will be provided where required. These roles will involve working on feasibility studies, using computer analysis typically to support water network improvement projects, liaison with clients, contractors, stakeholders and other professional bodies. Outputs will typically be in short reports to outline the approach taken and findings from the investigation.
For the more senior roles, varying levels of experience in model usage, hydraulic analysis, solution development and technical leadership are required to match the specific position.
- Management and technical supervision of a team of clean water modellers
- Implementation of industry leading solutions and development of innovative solutions.
- Clean water modelling and distribution networks
- Building and calibrating network models
- Using network models for planning, operational and design purposes
- Management of Detailed Zonal Studies delivery, Pressure Management and DMA Design
- Supervision of report writing and check and review of outputs.
- Experience with SYNERGI, INFOWORKS WS, EPANET, Infowater and other modelling software.
- BSc/BEng/MEng degree level: geography, GIS, Science, engineering related subject or equivalent considered with appropriate professional qualifications at the senior levels
- Technician roles require HNC, HND level qualification in similar subjects. Opportunities to work towards qualifications will be available for the successful candidates
- Development of computer models to investigate water network issues and investment needs and generation of outline solutions
- Analysis of data
- Supporting the development of engineering solutions and advising to our clients to help them make better asset investment decisions
- Support development of reports and other project deliverables
- Prepare (and adhere to) health and safety risk assessments
The successful individuals will be looking to learn and develop technically, whether in the early stages of your career, working towards an appropriate professional qualification or in applying those skills to senior leadership positions. You will be self-motivated and demonstrate an ability to work with others in a variety of project roles.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving professional qualification of relevant institutions.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Job Location: Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com