This listing is about Atkins in Bristol, England, United Kingdom
About the job
We have an opportunity for a CAD Technician with drive and enthusiasm to play a key part in the further growth of one of the leading ground engineering groups in the world. With more than 280 professionals, Atkins’ geotechnical reputation is built on the skills, excellence and commitment of our people in all aspects of geotechnical engineering. We see a bright future as we adapt and strengthen our technical expertise in growth areas, such as Energy, Mass Transit and Major Infrastructure.
The team have undertaken prestigious and notable work for a number of key clients such as the HS2 and East-West Rail schemes, as well as projects for Teesworks, Scottish Water, Network Rail, National Highways and Transport Scotland. Across our UK offices we have a great opportunity for a CAD Technician to be part of our CAD team and help to deliver a wide range of projects in the infrastructure and energy sectors.
SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies, with over 20,000 employees worldwide. At Atkins, we offer more than just a job; we offer an opportunity to make a difference and shape the world to benefit future generations and the natural environment.
This is a crucial role to the business therefore you’ll be on a fast-learning path and given the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects.
We are looking for a talented, ambitious and enthusiastic candidate. You should be curious about the world around you, interested in engineering and always want to learn more.
It is essential that you have the following core skills:
- HNC in Civil Engineering or similar with at least 2 years’ experience.
- A member of (or working towards) an appropriate professional body such as Engineering Technician (EngTech) is desirable.
- Have an understanding of Civil Engineering.
- Ability to produce models using Civil 3D.
- Be fully conversant in AutoCAD.
- Be able to produce high quality output from CAD systems for use in contract documents and reports in a civil engineering environment.
- Experience working in a BIM environment.
- Hold the motivation to work effectively as a fully participating member of a busy nationwide CAD team within the business.
- Have ability and desire to work on a diverse range of projects, good organisation skills, able to prioritise and manage tasks effectively.
Candidates should have the following core attributes –
- Be able to work with limited supervision.
- Be willing to learn new software.
- Ability to collaborate successfully within a project and team environment but also to work independently.
- Have the desire and confidence to create neat and accurate technical drawings.
- Be a team player with creativity, dedication, good communication skills and able to communicate well with senior engineering staff about project objectives and details.
- Good communication skills.
- Flexible and engaging with resilience, drive, and self-motivation.
- A self-reliant work ethic with sound time management skills.
The following criteria would also be desirable –
- Working knowledge of Autodesk Software’s including AutoCAD, Civil 3D and Navisworks.
- Working knowledge of Bentley Software’s including MicroStation, OpenGround and ProjectWise.
- Knowledge of Keyhole/HoleBase geotechnical software.
- To provide Engineering drawings which are core to the business and will form part of essential reports, contract documentation and project tenders etc.
- To apply and adhere to published CAD standards for Ground Engineering.
- Must be flexible and adaptable regarding CAD task programmes with respect to both client and project requirements.
The office location can be discussed at interview, with a preference for work to be from the Glasgow, Edinburgh, Leeds, Warrington, Birmingham, London, Epsom or Bristol offices.
What we offer?
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements. As part of this commitment, we understand the need for a diverse and flexible workforce, where a work-life balance is important. So, by default Atkins offers flexible working, where there is no fixed 9 ‘till 5, no need for a 5-day week, no requirement for a full-time contract, and no requirement to spend all your working time in the office.
Rewards And Benefits
We offer a competitive salary that is regularly tested against other consultants with a default 25-days leave each year plus bank holidays and options to buy some or sell of that leave. Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Please refer to our website for details of our full benefits package.
Atkins is committed to developing its people both personally and professionally. Our colleagues have the advantage of access to a high ranging training portfolio and development activities designed to help make the best of individual’s abilities and talents. We also actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community – a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Job Location: Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org