This listing is about Atkins in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Atkins Building Design Practice are looking to recruit an Electrical Engineer to join our growing team. Although based in the Leeds office, you will be part of a national practice of Building Design professionals delivering engineering design solutions to clients across the UK. The Building Design practice work on projects across all of Atkins key sectors, including Aviation, Cities & Development, Education, Energy and Transportation.
As an Electrical Engineer you will combine client-facing responsibilities and taking on a lead role in the day to day design and project management of projects. It is an exciting opportunity for a design engineer to further develop their career within a leading building design consultancy.
Our focus is on developing our staff to realise their full potential, with development plans geared to individual needs and abilities. This role will allow development of existing technical skills as well as providing potential to expand digital skills and project management.
Our Practice is committed to developing our ways of working using emerging Digital Technology and the global reach offered by an organisation of our size and reach. Our ideal individual will bring strong technical skills to the role, as well as an enquiring mind able to contribute to the growth of our digital practice, and the ability to lead and manage large and diverse delivery teams, locally and remotely.
- Produce specification and design of fixed and temporary low voltage electrical installations.
- Carrying out electrical power and lighting design calculations on fixed and temporary installations.
- Carry out the production of detailed calculations using industry standard digital tools.
- Work in partnership with Atkins global technology centre (GTC) to add value to building services projects.
- Representing Atkins at meetings with clients and contractors.
- Site surveys, inspections and monitor site works.
- Managing elements of project delivery.
- Assist in the development and mentoring of others within the team.
- Degree qualified, or equivalent qualification, in Building Services Engineering or related subject.
- Chartered Engineer (or working towards) with CIBSE / IET.
- Good level of computer literacy in Amtech, Dialux/Relux, NES and Microsoft packages.
- Experience working in a design consultancy and/or experience of working within a contractor design environment is essential.
- Have a detailed knowledge of appropriate technical standards.
What we offer?
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate one’s requirements. As part of this commitment, we understand the need for a diverse and flexible workforce, where a work-life balance is important. So, by default Atkins offers flexible working, where there is no fixed 9 ‘till 5, no need for a 5-day week, no requirement for a full-time contract, and no requirement to spend all your working time in the office.
Rewards And Benefits
We offer a competitive salary that is regularly tested against other consultants with a default 25-days leave each year plus bank holidays and options to buy some or sell of that leave. Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Please refer to our website for details of our full benefits package.
Atkins is committed to developing its people both personally and professionally. Our colleagues have the advantage of access to a high ranging training portfolio and development activities designed to help make the best of individual’s abilities and talents. We also actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
We welcome the opportunity to discuss a flexible working pattern for this vacancy. For roles advertised under the category of flexible working we would encourage you to explore the flexible working options we are able to offer during the interview process.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com